Pep Guardiola | Most Wins of any Manchester City Manager

I’ve spoken of Jimmy Hogan before on here. From Nelson in Lancashire, but not remembered as a managerial great in Britain because he did most of his coaching on the continent. But he was an instrumental figure across Europe and especially in Austria and Hungary for taking success to club teams in those countries which influenced the national teams.

You know, in the early days of football, British coaches/managers were seen as visionaries and their methods were adopted in Europe and around the world.

How the fuck did we get to the like of BFS, Colin Wanker and other hoof boys?

Yes, the “overthinks things” cliche winds me up too. He makes bold and innovative tactical decisions all the time (including yesterday) and the reason he’s a great manager is that he gets it right the majority of the time. It was the “No Plan B” line that I thought was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read though, because he doesn’t bung Crouchy on for the last 15 minutes.

Its not just City. A fair percentage of football fans don’t know anything about football. The first called on GMR after the Southampton game was wailing “YOu pLAy YoUr STroNgesT tEam eVERy weEK” for gods sake.

No plan B is funny: he has so many plans but most of us don't even spot them.

Last edited:
They will be regreting him when he will be gone. Seriously dont see a manager that could come here and match his achievements. He may not win the CL with us and another manager might come in and win it but in terms of the dominance and perfect style of play we are showing on the pitch under him we will never see. Every team fears us when they play us , they all know we are the better team and the team they have to beat to prove themselvs , this pretty much reminds me if Pep's Barca , it was the same with them but they also had Messi, so it was 50% Pep , 50% Messi. But with us theres no player to score 40 goals a season and push the team on his own so Pep's influence is even more visible.

I have said many times that I do not expect to see a better manager at City but it doesn't mean we won't have more managers that win lots and play good football: we are fortunate that the club has a strategy that is designed to facilitate just that. Chelsea are far more unstable when it comes to managers but keep managing to win things despite their greatest manager having been Jose.

It’s slightly surprising, given that some of our managers, in the early years of our existence were in charge for years and years.

But congratulations to the great man. He’s a brilliant coach and I’m loving the journey.

maybe it’s extra league cup and champions league games we didn’t have back then

The simple fact is that not only has Pep transformed City, but the whole PL.Managers are trying to emulate him and that is a mark of a wonderful style. The whole overthinking argument is weak as what he does clearly works and players wish to play for him, learn from him.The Graham Taylor hoof ball ruined footy for quite a few years and bears no comparison to what we now see, even from the weaker teams.The argument of playing your best eleven every week is just ridiculous given the number of matches and intensity the players now face. It is a squad game, and we have the best squad.
Just wish to add that the OP made me read up about Les McDowall. Imagined Joe would be second, but wrong.That is some record given the ups and downs of the club in his tenure.

The man deserves better than what he is getting from us the fans, I don't wanna be on anybody's nerve but we all know how it was when he came and how we've been consistent for this long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.