Pep Guardiola | Most Wins of any Manchester City Manager

We had posters on here last week claiming “he has no plan b”, “he isn’t interested in the academy”, “he doesn’t get city ”, “Barcelona is his club” and “we need a long term manager”.

This result is for those clowns.
Maybe they’ll be along later to explain their thoughts. Or maybe they’ll just wait until we lose a game next.

"He brings no guarantee of success. His heads gonna fall off when Eddie Howe rides him all summer, never had to build a team, he doesn't know what he's gonna be facing in England look at what happened to Klopp and the rest of em. This is a culture shock for him. He's gonna play Fernandinho in defence and get torn to pieces. Enjoy it."

Why would Eddie Howe riding him until his head falls off even cross his mind?

He'll do for me. I'm in the 'don't care about the CL' camp. Champions of England first and foremost for me. Heard the line ups yesterday and BT said Champions of Europe v Champions of England.

Well for me Champions of England means more.

I'm more than happy with this bloke at the helm and I'm sure every other top club in Europe is jealous as he'd be winning championships in whatever league he'd be in.

Onwards and upwards. League champions again please. Oh, I'd like the FA Cup this year as well ....

I didn't see those comments but "he isn't interested in the academy" just takes the biscuit.
We saw City play a full hand of youngsters in the LC and it illustrated an important point about Pep. He has imbued the whole club with his way of playing. We now have, ahem, a "City way", a house style, call it what you will. It beats our previous house style of "typical City".
I wonder how that came about, given Pep's lack of interest?

Honestly, I've just said on another Pep thread that we have some, by which I mean too many, supporters that Pep is, sadly, wasted on.

What makes things worse is the kind of bollocks (of which you give examples) that you regularly hear from people. My "favourite" is that he overthinks things, which often ends with him expelling wind from the mass inside his cranium. I read an article last season by Gabriel Marcotti where he covered the subject well but it boiled down to Pep simply thinks a lot. Pep has an enquiring mind and is constantly searching for better (I'm sure even he realizes the perfect game is unattainable) and he is a great manager because of that.
Yes, the “overthinks things” cliche winds me up too. He makes bold and innovative tactical decisions all the time (including yesterday) and the reason he’s a great manager is that he gets it right the majority of the time. It was the “No Plan B” line that I thought was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read though, because he doesn’t bung Crouchy on for the last 15 minutes.

Its not just City. A fair percentage of football fans don’t know anything about football. The first called on GMR after the Southampton game was wailing “YOu pLAy YoUr STroNgesT tEam eVERy weEK” for gods sake.

Yes, the “overthinks things” cliche winds me up too. He makes bold and innovative tactical decisions all the time (including yesterday) and the reason he’s a great manager is that he gets it right the majority of the time. It was the “No Plan B” line that I thought was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read though, because he doesn’t bung Crouchy on for the last 15 minutes.

Its not just City. A fair percentage of football fans don’t know anything about football. The first called on GMR after the Southampton game was wailing “YOu pLAy YoUr STroNgesT tEam eVERy weEK” for gods sake.
That caller could be a number of posters on here, although that particular line is a favourite of one in particular.

Honestly, I've just said on another Pep thread that we have some, by which I mean too many, supporters that Pep is, sadly, wasted on.

What makes things worse is the kind of bollocks (of which you give examples) that you regularly hear from people. My "favourite" is that he overthinks things, which often ends with him expelling wind from the mass inside his cranium. I read an article last season by Gabriel Marcotti where he covered the subject well but it boiled down to Pep simply thinks a lot. Pep has an enquiring mind and is constantly searching for better (I'm sure even he realizes the perfect game is unattainable) and he is a great manager because of that.
They will be regreting him when he will be gone. Seriously dont see a manager that could come here and match his achievements. He may not win the CL with us and another manager might come in and win it but in terms of the dominance and perfect style of play we are showing on the pitch under him we will never see. Every team fears us when they play us , they all know we are the better team and the team they have to beat to prove themselvs , this pretty much reminds me if Pep's Barca , it was the same with them but they also had Messi, so it was 50% Pep , 50% Messi. But with us theres no player to score 40 goals a season and push the team on his own so Pep's influence is even more visible.

If you play your best team agaisnt the likes of southampton you will have players injured / tired for the games against chelsea and liverpool. People just refuse to think sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.