Pep Guardiola Press Conferences - 2022/23

I never understand when people say that mancini "understood" the club/city/fans better. I feel like pep completely and totally understand what it means to be city and takes great offense when journalists try to besmear the club.
I reckon he posts on here as *Redacted*

He's in the match day thread during the games winding up the mods.

I never understand when people say that mancini "understood" the club/city/fans better. I feel like pep completely and totally understand what it means to be city and takes great offense when journalists try to besmear the club.
Pep is on another level entirely to Mancini….I loved they guy but couldn’t bear his pressers…

Both understood our struggles and we love them for it.

I rarely watched early Pep conferences, they seemed bland and followed a formula he had at Bayern and Barca. Now he's tuned, refined and narky. Loving it. Pep versus the world feels more like he is ingrained as a local than ever before. I can't wait until he has a dig at Greggs.

He looks like he wants to be even more involved with the culture. The comments recently about fans leaving work and travelling 3/4 hours and spending hard earned money and also trying to use words like 'demagogue' and 'flabbergasted' in the pressers. he also finished the last couple with a joke.
I particularly liked him taking the piss out of the journalist who turned up late in response to Sky saying ' we can't go over to Peps conference because he's late' on SSN.

Reactions: CC1

Bobby and Pep faced/are facing into different narratives and pressures during their time here. Both get us, Bobby was loved amongst other things for facing down the GPC who thought he could bully anyone and everyone. Pep has come out all guns blazing recently as the position towards City has got increasingly ridiculous. Personally never seen the value of comparing them, both are great parts of our rich history and hopefully Pep continues to make more of that history.

He does now,i 'm not sure that has always been the case.

Something twigged....the penny dropped....a couple of seasons ago.

He has now adopted a defensive/sarcastic tone and a very cautious/suspicious mind whenever he is interviewed.

It only make us stronger.

Pep is now a force to be reckoned with at press conferences. He used to be a nice guy who was willing to give answers to what he believed were genuine questions. He now suspects all questions have an ulterior motive & deals with them accordingly.
Sadly for all journalists- he has more intelligence & integrity in his little finger than they’ll ever have & just kills them off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.