pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreckless Alec said:
toffee balls said:
" But I cannot imagine that Pep Guardiola would look to join a club like Manchester City".

Go on , have a guess which odious twat said this.

It was the Rolex king, friend and colleague of the tax criminal. I'm not sure whether this is verbatim, a translation or a bit of journalistic license. If it was verbatim or an accurate translation, I'd be interested to know what he meant and why he'd imagine that.
"I don't worry about that. It just shows the quality of our coach. I also know that Begiristain worked with Pep at Barcelona [as the director of football until 2010]," Rummenigge told Bild.

"But I can't imagine that Pep Guardiola will join a club like Manchester City. I know for sure that he will be our coach until June 30, 2016 at least."

Guardiola joined Bayern Munich in 2013 on a three-year contract and will begin discussions over a possible stay in Germany later this year, with Rummenigge convinced the "best and most sought after coach in the world" will commit his future to the club.

"We have an agreement. We'll finish this season, and we will talk in the second half of 2015," he said. "Our goal is to prolong with Pep Guardiola. And I think that we have good chances he'll be our coach beyond 2016."

The arrogance of those fuckers has no equal in the football world.

Every dog has it's day and when we get ours it will be just as sweet as when our blue moon eclipsed their near equals from Stretford.

BlueAnorak said:
Even though Pep is a a friend of Ferran and Txiki I fully expect him to simply use us as a tool to gain total control at Bayern and get a better deal. As Moaninho did when he waltzed of to Real after agreeing to come here.

We'll soon find out if Pep is coming. And if he isn't then the Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder had better have a good back-up plan or they're toast

Yeah, can't help but feel that they got the jobs based on false promises of Guardiola and Messi; is there any evidence that Pep actually respects those two?

redmanc34 said:
crystal_mais said:
there is a lot said about Pep wanting to got clubs with history and tradition. Fucking hell this is his second proper job in football. I know some RAG mates who are always reminding me he will be their next boss. Something to do with his book and the fact he wants history and the traditional clubs.

Well if that is the case then our board will already know his answer. He will not lie to his mate if his choice is based on his beliefs and motive. He will not string his mate the Sheikh along. People need to realise our owner is a very very very well respected person across the world unlike the fucking tools Glaziers or Henry or any of the other owners in football bar a couple - Not somebody to take for a ride and string along.

The only thing I see here is - if we are still in for him then that is because he has committed to us. Our Leadership team are not mugs. I truly believe that.

Interesting how you believe the Sheikh is a very very well respected person across the world. I mean I remember before he took over at your club you were all saying how much you wanted him to take over. Oh no you didn't that's right, because hardly any fucker had heard of him unless you had dealings in Dubai. That's not me saying the Glazers are respected because they're not. Neither is Abdullah Al-Thani, who is the Qatari equivalent of your bod.

I understand Txiki and Soriano know Pep, but I fail to see how your club suits his philosophy. Barcelona he brought through and established players like Valdes, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Pique, all products of the academy and Barcelona through and through. Now at Bayern he has Müller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Gaudino, Badstuber. So he's gonna go to City, where you don't have one player like that in your senior squad, or even that close to breaking into the first team, so that's against his ideals to begin with. And for that to happen, you're probably gonna need a couple of years without trophies where you just bring through the kids you've got now, and as your owner on average gives a manager 2 and a half seasons, and then just gives whoever the bullet for not winning a trophy, he's gonna struggle to implement anything he wants. I also think it would be a bit of a jump in recruitment. Mark Hughes-Roberto Mancini-Manuel Pellegrini- Pep Guardiola. Seems a tad unrealistic, but who knows he knows Txiki and Soriano so it could happen anyway.

Sorry I don't get your point.

Us normal fans didn't have a clue about him as generally non of us pay much interest in what is happening across the world. From a business and a political perspective - he is very well respected. He has many business ventures across the world and happens to have some great influence in various industries. Got fuck all to do with Dubai - People in he right circles know who he is, us general nobody's don't.

Next thing your keep going on about football philosophies. Is that modern day or all of history????

Our owner has only been around a short while and we have had various transitions. Football has changed. No manager will stay in a role longer than 4/5 years in modern day football. It doesn't matter what is coming through. City's academy will start producing but I personally think it will tale 5-8 years now the new place is going. It has taken Chelsea over 10 years to start producing young talent to bring through.

Why should City not be able to jump it's recruitment policy? Unrealistic? Are you in the real world. Seems like you have piped up just because the red shite are having a reasonably good season. Anything can happen in football.

My point is - The execs will exactly know the landscape with Pep - he will not bullshit Txiki and Soriano. He will also not mess our owner about. Pep has too much respect for people to do that. Lets see what happens.

.A. said:
BlueAnorak said:
Even though Pep is a a friend of Ferran and Txiki I fully expect him to simply use us as a tool to gain total control at Bayern and get a better deal. As Moaninho did when he waltzed of to Real after agreeing to come here.

We'll soon find out if Pep is coming. And if he isn't then the Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder had better have a good back-up plan or they're toast

Yeah, can't help but feel that they got the jobs based on false promises of Guardiola and Messi; is there any evidence that Pep actually respects those two?

Considering Txiki gave Guardiola one of the biggest jobs in world football whilst Pep was pretty inexperienced, I'm 99.9% certain Pep respects Txiki.

And Txiki and Soriano got the jobs here because they were running Barcelona at the time when Barcelona produced probably the best club side of all-time.

redmanc34 said:
crystal_mais said:
there is a lot said about Pep wanting to got clubs with history and tradition. Fucking hell this is his second proper job in football. I know some RAG mates who are always reminding me he will be their next boss. Something to do with his book and the fact he wants history and the traditional clubs.

Well if that is the case then our board will already know his answer. He will not lie to his mate if his choice is based on his beliefs and motive. He will not string his mate the Sheikh along. People need to realise our owner is a very very very well respected person across the world unlike the fucking tools Glaziers or Henry or any of the other owners in football bar a couple - Not somebody to take for a ride and string along.

The only thing I see here is - if we are still in for him then that is because he has committed to us. Our Leadership team are not mugs. I truly believe that.

Interesting how you believe the Sheikh is a very very well respected person across the world. I mean I remember before he took over at your club you were all saying how much you wanted him to take over. Oh no you didn't that's right, because hardly any fucker had heard of him unless you had dealings in Dubai. That's not me saying the Glazers are respected because they're not. Neither is Abdullah Al-Thani, who is the Qatari equivalent of your bod.

I understand Txiki and Soriano know Pep, but I fail to see how your club suits his philosophy. Barcelona he brought through and established players like Valdes, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Pique, all products of the academy and Barcelona through and through. Now at Bayern he has Müller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Gaudino, Badstuber. So he's gonna go to City, where you don't have one player like that in your senior squad, or even that close to breaking into the first team, so that's against his ideals to begin with. And for that to happen, you're probably gonna need a couple of years without trophies where you just bring through the kids you've got now, and as your owner on average gives a manager 2 and a half seasons, and then just gives whoever the bullet for not winning a trophy, he's gonna struggle to implement anything he wants. I also think it would be a bit of a jump in recruitment. Mark Hughes-Roberto Mancini-Manuel Pellegrini- Pep Guardiola. Seems a tad unrealistic, but who knows he knows Txiki and Soriano so it could happen anyway.

Or Abu Dhabi, just saying.

The Glazers? Haven't heard of them but then I'm not Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.