Pep & players lap of honour end of game

When I lived in Burnage and my (now ex) husband deliberately stayed in the pub until he thought it would be too late for me to visit my Mum in Peel Green I used to go even if it were 9.00 pm and then get the first or second all night bus to Victoria and then from Piccadilly Bus Station!! Never try to outwit this woman when she wants a night out....that was my only night out at the time. :-)

Must admit it once got me accosted on Market Street (it was the days before pedestrianisation) but luckily an on the beat bobby, obviously realising I wasn't what this guy thought I was moved him on and walked to the bus stop with me. It was him who told me what the man thought I was and could see from my shocked expression (I hope) that I hadn't known. (Look I was a naïve 26 yr old at the time) :-)

The adventures of Eccles Blue!!! Life was so much simpler in the 1960's!! *lol*
Come on Eccles we need a 60's picture of you now, you know the rules ;)

Why not have an open top bus parade along Deansgate every Monday evening if we win at the weekend?

Really ? Every single game ? Not for me.

My bonds with the team are forged in the 90 mins during games and on those special occasions where we’ve won a trophy or celebrated a truly significant win together after a game. Doing it every week regardless would render those special occasions non special.

If my Mrs dressed up as Beyoncé every single night at bedtime I’d soon get bored of it.
Håland already does it every single game. I think it made an immediate connection with the relationship between him and the fans when he came last season and did this from the off and there are people who do stay after the game every week because they know he does it.

If people knew that all the team was going to do it all the time, I reckon it would get more to stay to the end. It would always be a novelty because we only go there 25 times every 365 days, we are only there about 50 hours of the 8,760 hours in a year. Every game we attend is a special and non-regular occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.