Pep/Redmond incident - No Further Action.

There's no need for an explanation though. Redmond has already stated what had happened. I wonder if the fa wanted an 'explanation' as to why lukaku lashed out at a Brighton player, twice! Corrupt ****s. (Im not having a go at you btw)
I get the frustration at the lack of consistency. lukaku should have been charged and banned and Wenger should have been charged for his bullshit the other week. In isolation though, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask Redmond and Pep to clarify what went on and then presumably just ask Pep to tone it down a bit in future when he's addressing opposition players in front of the cameras.

Pep shoukd have kicked or attempted to kick Redmond in the Nuts (twice) - then perhaps he would have got away with it.

I get the frustration at the lack of consistency. lukaku should have been charged and banned and Wenger should have been charged for his bullshit the other week. In isolation though, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask Redmond and Pep to clarify what went on and then presumably just ask Pep to tone it down a bit in future when he's addressing opposition players in front of the cameras.

Why should he tone it down a bit? There's nothing in the rule book against it

Very regressive of the FA to do that. They should be begging Pep to talk to more young English footballers, not slamming the door in his face.

We need more young English footballers to believe they too can achieve what Raheem Sterling is achieving currently.

That kind of football (striker tasked with man-marking the opponent's defensive midfielder) will stunt the professional growth of young footballers and further set back the National Team.

He doesn't have to tone anything down, unless he's having a go at someone, in which this case he isn't.

Unbelievable or it would be if it wasn't the FA involved. The media agenda will be hotting up over the next two weeks - KDB to Real, Aguero to Barca, Sterling in a swap for Sanchez will all be reeled out soon as well as the likes of Crerand, Macari, Fat Boy Holmes, GPC etc

Why should he tone it down a bit? There's nothing in the rule book against it
Maybe they won't even ask him to tone it down a bit. TBH that's just my assumption because I personally think he should have toned that down a bit. If he wanted to compliment Redmond he could have done the whole thing in a better and more friendly way. Redmond has taken it all well, clearly respects Pep and appreciated the compliments but let's not forget, even he said that it was done aggressively. You may not think a manager should tone it down from being aggressive towards opposition players but I do. Just a difference of opinion, we don't have to agree.

so now Pep has gone and shown contrition and suggested he didn't have control.

almost writing the charge for the FA. He can be a numpty in the media sometimes

Maybe they won't even ask him to tone it down a bit. TBH that's just my assumption because I personally think he should have toned that down a bit. If he wanted to compliment Redmond he could have done the whole thing in a better and more friendly way. Redmond has taken it all well, clearly respects Pep and appreciated the compliments but let's not forget, even he said that it was done aggressively. You may not think a manager should tone it down from being aggressive towards opposition players but I do. Just a difference of opinion, we don't have to agree.
I agree with you. Wouldn't want Wenger or Klopp doing similar to one of ours. BBC are reporting that Pep regrets his actions and admits he needs to control himself better (press conference underway just now).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.