Pep's contract situation

What is a 12 months rolling contract? Does it renew for another 12 months automatically and forever?

I guess it renews if mutually agreed by both parties at the end of the season. Bielsa operates on the exact same basis at Leeds currently.

What is a 12 months rolling contract? Does it renew for another 12 months automatically and forever?
Think there is a window, every April it sounds like, where either party can opt out. I would guess though if he signs now there is no opt out this April,and it runs until 22.

A football contract is not worth the paper it's written on.

Pep could have a 10 year contract but come May , IF he is unhappy he would be off.

But you wouldn't know any more than you do now. He could walk or be sacked after 6 months of a 1 or 10 year contract. It's arguably better if it's a 1 year contract, as the pay off would be lower if we needed to sack him, and he's more likely to stay to the end of his contract if he decides he wants to leave
I can't ever see Pep being sacked by the current board. I can see him being totally exhausted and needing a break followed by a new challenge. My gut tells me he will be here for 2 more seasons

I suspect he would like to carry on with the rebuild of his team and then knock the Dippers off their perch.As said earlier,the CL is also very much on his mind.

Unless he loses the plot,i don't see him walking away from those challenges.This may well be his last domestic project,and being a winner,he'll want to go out on a high and be remembered for such.

I suspect he would like to carry on with the rebuild of his team and then knock the Dippers off their perch.As said earlier,the CL is also very much on his mind.

Unless he loses the plot,i don't see him walking away from those challenges.This may well be his last domestic project,and being a winner,he'll want to go out on a high and be remembered for such.
Liverpool won their first title in 30 years, with two domestic cups in the last 20 years, and one CL in the last 15.

Some perch that is!

The media perch though, aint nobody knocking them off that one.

Liverpool won their first title in 30 years, with two domestic cups in the last 20 years, and one CL in the last 15.

Some perch that is!

The media perch though, aint nobody knocking them off that one.
Yep,kinda what i was getting at.

They need bringing back down to Earth.

Think there is a window, every April it sounds like, where either party can opt out. I would guess though if he signs now there is no opt out this April,and it runs until 22.
So if we were less negative geezers we could choose to describe this new contract as a life-long contract with City in which Pep can choose to leave at the end of each season. Sounds better that way. Actually he can choose to leave at end of each season or at any time during a time limited contract too, can't he? So what's the big fuss?
Edit : not a dig at you mate

So if we were less negative geezers we could choose to describe this new contract as a life-long contract with City in which Pep can choose to leave at the end of each season. Sounds better that way. Actually he can choose to leave at end of each season or at any time during a time limited contract too, can't he? So what's the big fuss?
Edit : not a dig at you mate

I would imagine the club will word any announcement along similar lines, that they are effectively extending his contract indefinitely with both parties able to review at a point each season whther it is the best for both to continue.

That would be consistent with what pep and to an extent khaldoon have publicly claimed so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.