Pep's contract situation

Team meeting ASAP. Pep needs to ask the group directly are they still following his methods. Honest conversations and cool heads needed now. They have let him down and owe it to pep to turn it around.

If that was a first team?
I guess the general view of the first team is this.
Ederson
Walker Ake Laporte Mendy
Rodri
kev Bernardo
Foden Kun Raheem

Only 3 didn't play. So we still put out a side most clubs would die for. It's Pep's fucking job to get them playing as a team.

Mendy and rodders in this form should not be starting. Ake needs time.

Someone else mentioned this in this thread but why the fuck did Pep not return from Spain earlier... Had to self isolate (which he knew he would have to), so missed the best part of a week of preseason training. I found that very odd.
But weren’t the rumours he was over whispering sweet nothings in messi’s ear ..

Team meeting ASAP. Pep needs to ask the group directly are they still following his methods. Honest conversations and cool heads needed now. They have let him down and owe it to pep to turn it around.
Yeah ,is possession with purpose and repossession/press the only game in town? Still have to defend well.
Are they all 100 % behind his philosophy? We will see . Give it another 4-5 weeks. If normal service resumes then he will have succeeded. If not ,we are in a spot of bother.

An injury hit squad should be the time for a 'great' manager to use such challenges to lead, inspire, plan and deliver. I don't see him doing any of that. I think he's been done since 2019 and the huge issue for the Club is to line someone up who can do those things.

What if they following his ideas/tactics but this is his tactics? Which clearly has been found out way too many times now.
Norwich last year started it really with fucking Teemo Pukki doing the Vardy role.

Pep needs to change tactics/formation because this one is not working with these set of players. Do we need to forget the high defensive line? Maybe yes.

If we need to keep the high defensive line can we get away with lack of workrate and serious pressing from midfield/attackers/wide players? No way we can...
what Pep will do about that?

What if the competition did really improve a lot, the general level of clubs between 6th and 14th is a bit harder and respond better to weaknesses...
Also our record vs top6 clubs last season sucked. I would say top8 because these days Wolves and Leicester should be included imo and would not say they were any worse than an underperforming Arsenal or Spurs.

Solskjaer winning home and away against Pep in league. He is about as good manager as good LB Mendy has been at City.

This is the problem with Pep being the end game and everyone in charge being his mate. Any other manager and the board would have demanded an answer regarding if he was staying or not. They wouldn't allow it to hang over the entire season only for the manager to tell us in 6 months time he's leaving.

They need to sit him down tomorrow and say are you staying or going? Then we can start making plans and even start recruiting players the next manager would be interested in.

What if they following his ideas/tactics but this is his tactics? Which clearly has been found out way too many times now.
Norwich last year started it really with fucking Teemo Pukki doing the Vardy role.

Pep needs to change tactics/formation because this one is not working with these set of players. Do we need to forget the high defensive line? Maybe yes.

If we need to keep the high defensive line can we get away with lack of workrate and serious pressing from midfield/attackers/wide players? No way we can...
what Pep will do about that?

What if the competition did really improve a lot, the general level of clubs between 6th and 14th is a bit harder and respond better to weaknesses...
Also our record vs top6 clubs last season sucked. I would say top8 because these days Wolves and Leicester should be included imo and would not say they were any worse than an underperforming Arsenal or Spurs.

Solskjaer winning home and away against Pep in league. He is about as good manager as good LB Mendy has been at City.
To be fair the warning signs were starting to show when you get turned over 3 times was it last season by the rags managed by a very ordinary manager,losing once can be written off as a lucky hit ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.