Pep Warns City Players...

World Cup every 4 yrs, Euros (or other FIFA Confederation) every 4 yrs in the middle, and fuck off the Nations League and friendlies.

Players need a couple of months off every other year, at least. Highly strung athletes being flogged to death to line the pockets of Confederations and FIFA is beyond its natural limit and I’m surprised FIFPRO hasn’t stepped in already.

If they don’t, more and more players will simply opt out. If I were a 21 yr old and get picked for England, I’d be excited. If I was about 28 and had 30-40 caps, I might be starting to pick and choose to extend my club career, because that’s what puts food on the table!

World Cup every 4 yrs, Euros (or other FIFA Confederation) every 4 yrs in the middle, and fuck off the Nations League and friendlies.

Players need a couple of months off every other year, at least. Highly strung athletes being flogged to death to line the pockets of Confederations and FIFA is beyond its natural limit and I’m surprised FIFPRO hasn’t stepped in already.

If they don’t, more and more players will simply opt out. If I were a 21 yr old and get picked for England, I’d be excited. If I was about 28 and had 30-40 caps, I might be starting to pick and choose to extend my club career, because that’s what puts food on the table!
33 year old Jordan Henderson consulted with Waistcoat to first check if his move to Saudi would affect his England place.

Having never had the privilege of being an international class football player, I can't walk a mile in their boots to understand the motivation of international football.

KDB's STILL persevering with international football even though he 33 this year & having to manage his PL minutes due to injuries piling up.

Are these players that patriotic?

Is playing for your country that prestigious?

Is it the fear of missing out on tournament football & not being the centre of attention that grabs them?

As Sterling & Philips have found to their costs, if you're not playing well in domestic football, or even if you are, but you're at a less fashionable club, this can curtail your international ambitions anyway, hence preserving your domestic club career must surely be paramount?

33 year old Jordan Henderson consulted with Waistcoat to first check if his move to Saudi would affect his England place.

Having never had the privilege of being an international class football player, I can't walk a mile in their boots to understand the motivation of international football.

KDB's STILL persevering with international football even though he 33 this year & having to manage his PL minutes due to injuries piling up.

Is it the fear of missing out on tournament football & not being the centre of attention that grabs them?

As Sterling & Philips have found to their costs, if you're not playing well in domestic football, or even if you are, but you're at a less fashionable club, this can curtail your international ambitions anyway, hence preserving your domestic club career must surely be paramount?
Like you, I’m at a loss to understand it, other than trying to rack up a number.

I honestly do think there’s a lot of pride in playing for one’s country, but this is exactly why FIFPRO needs to step in to protect the players from themselves!

Not to mention the significantly enhanced sponsorship deals if you are regularly playing international football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.