Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SebastianBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
George Hannah said:
I think Kompany is a natural - he shouldn't be on that list, he's on a level considerably above all those

who said Jones???!!!

Kun did. ;-)

-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:08 pm --

George Hannah said:
SebastianBlue said:
Players on your list that many (expert and amateur) argue/argued aren't/weren't natural centrebacks (but now play there at a top level): Ramos, Jones, Boateng, Ogbonna, Mexes, Zapata, Kompany.

Players can be made.
I think Kompany is a natural - he shouldn't be on that list, he's on a level considerably above all those

Kompany has played as a CB his entire career without any debate over his best position?

My memory must be going because I remember differently.

He played for Anderlecht in the CB position. First saw him in the CL at 17.

He first played in midfield at Hamburg I believe and that was his position before his injury that kept him out for quite a bit. I think that is why we were able to get him so cheap.

TRUE BLUE NO1 said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327821/Manuel-Pellegrini-still-splashing-cash-with-22m-Pepe-bid-lined-up

Manuel Pellegrini still splashing cash with £22m Pepe bid lined up

The Portugal defender (below) is available at £30m but City will not pay that for the defender, 30.

The Premier League’s biggest spenders in this transfer window are prepared to pay £22m.

New boss Manuel Pellegrini wants more Champions League know-how in his squad after City’s failure in the competition in the last two seasons.

If the deal goes through Real could use the cash to make a bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.

It would help them get nearer to Liverpool’s valuation of £40m – though they have indicated they are not prepared to pay more than £25m.

City have already signed midfielder Fernandinho for £30m, winger Jesus Navas (£15.8m) and strikers Alvaro Negredo (£20.6m) and Stevan Jovetic (£25.8m).

The Jovetic signing from Fiorentina was completed on Friday night.

If Pepe arrives too, City could still offer another central defender – England’s Joleon Lescott – a one-year contract extension.

Lescott, 30, has only a year left on his current deal but Pellegrini wants a strong squad for a double assault on the Premier League and the Champions League.

And the City chief, who knows he will be expected to deliver silverware after succeeding Roberto Mancini, also wants to challenge in the FA and Capital One cups.

Meanwhile, Pablo Zabaleta has linked up again with his City team-mates in their training camp – and wishes he hadn’t!

City’s Argentine ­defender, along with countryman Sergio Aguero, has been on international duty and both had their eyes opened when they jetted into South Africa.

Pellegrini had ordered TRIPLE training sessions to turn their Durban HQ into a boot camp.

He has flown back to Chile for family reasons but left instructions for assistant Brian Kidd to keep cracking the whip in his absence to leave Zabaleta stunned.

He said: “Sergio and I had an extra week because we played with the national team. Now we are catching up with some hard work.”

I see what the article is getting at, that last quote from Zab makes him sound absolutely horrified.

Idiotic journalism.

mad zab said:
SebastianBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
who said Jones???!!!

Kun did. ;-)

-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:08 pm --

George Hannah said:

Kompany has played as a CB his entire career without any debate over his best position?

My memory must be going because I remember differently.

He played for Anderlecht in the CB position. First saw him in the CL at 17.

He first played in midfield at Hamburg I believe and that was his position before his injury that kept him out for quite a bit. I think that is why we were able to get him so cheap.

Oh, I know, I was be facetious to make a point. He did not always play CB and many at Hamburg (and a fair few here early on) believes he was at his best in midfield.

Bilboblue said:
£22m is way too much for Pepe.

£10m max. I don't want him here either, I think we could do with someone younger.

That would defeat the purpose of signing a Champions League experienced defender which is what Pellegrini seems to want. Even Kompany bottled it in the Champions League for us. Pellegrini has worked with Pepe before and when Pepe was fit, he was excellent in Pellegrini's Real team.

LoveCity said:
Bilboblue said:

£10m max. I don't want him here either, I think we could do with someone younger.

That would defeat the purpose of signing a Champions League experienced defender which is what Pellegrini seems to want. Even Kompany bottled it in the Champions League for us. Pellegrini has worked with Pepe before and when Pepe was fit, he was excellent in Pellegrini's Real team.

Experience is the keyword here.

BurningHart said:
LoveCity said:
Bilboblue said:

Plus Pepe is a better holding midfielder than Garcia - or at least what Garcia showed last season (remains to be seen if he improves) - so if Kompany and Nastasic play it isn't impossible that we could put Pepe in midfield if we needed a destroyer there.

Meanwhile, Pablo Zabaleta has linked up again with his City team-mates in their training camp – and wishes he hadn’t!

City’s Argentine ­defender, along with countryman Sergio Aguero, has been on international duty and both had their eyes opened when they jetted into South Africa.

Pellegrini had ordered TRIPLE training sessions to turn their Durban HQ into a boot camp.

Thankgod for Citytv, Pab it is 32 degrees in Manchester and it is raining and cold here. Then shows hhim and Yaya having a bit of fun wrestling. Fuck of the media.

The pepe transfer has become like a bleedin light switch, its off then its on then its off again. Ah well not long to go.

LoveCity said:
BurningHart said:
LoveCity said:

Plus Pepe is a better holding midfielder than Garcia - or at least what Garcia showed last season (remains to be seen if he improves) - so if Kompany and Nastasic play it isn't impossible that we could put Pepe in midfield if we needed a destroyer there.

All of this is predicated on the premise that Nastasic will be dropped for Pepe.

Am I literally the only way that believes that he actually played well last season and that dropping him now would set his development back considerably? We have a potential world-class defender on the level with Kompany, Thiago Silva, and Gerard... And we want to use him as a sub to a 30 year-old that makes John Terry seem well-adjusted?

TRUE BLUE NO1 said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327821/Manuel-Pellegrini-still-splashing-cash-with-22m-Pepe-bid-lined-up

Manuel Pellegrini still splashing cash with £22m Pepe bid lined up

The Portugal defender (below) is available at £30m but City will not pay that for the defender, 30.

The Premier League’s biggest spenders in this transfer window are prepared to pay £22m.

New boss Manuel Pellegrini wants more Champions League know-how in his squad after City’s failure in the competition in the last two seasons.

If the deal goes through Real could use the cash to make a bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.

It would help them get nearer to Liverpool’s valuation of £40m – though they have indicated they are not prepared to pay more than £25m.

City have already signed midfielder Fernandinho for £30m, winger Jesus Navas (£15.8m) and strikers Alvaro Negredo (£20.6m) and Stevan Jovetic (£25.8m).

The Jovetic signing from Fiorentina was completed on Friday night.

If Pepe arrives too, City could still offer another central defender – England’s Joleon Lescott – a one-year contract extension.

Lescott, 30, has only a year left on his current deal but Pellegrini wants a strong squad for a double assault on the Premier League and the Champions League.

And the City chief, who knows he will be expected to deliver silverware after succeeding Roberto Mancini, also wants to challenge in the FA and Capital One cups.

He has flown back to Chile for family reasons but left instructions for assistant Brian Kidd to keep cracking the whip in his absence to leave Zabaleta stunned.

He said: “Sergio and I had an extra week because we played with the national team. Now we are catching up with some hard work.”
Strange unless i have read it wrong,they want £30mill,we are offering £22mill,they will then use that money to bid no more than £25mill for suarez,were do these papers get this crap from for a start pepe is 30 a realistic price would be £8-10 mill..funny thing is if it was us the player would be going to them for £1mill tops,and suarez we would be bidding £60mill even though they would take £50mill..the star who actually buys this crap,then the end dig about zabaleta and sergio being horrified about training schedules,suppose when there's no news just make it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.