Pep's contract situation

No fans can hit the panic button quite like us.
His contract ends next year, he's told us he's v happy and will discuss it with the club. Ffs - one minute we don't believe the press, the next ......meltdown.
Jeez, get a grip. Every fcking loss is met with the Chicken Lickens in here, running about announcing the end of the World. Our detractors must be pissing themselves - well you can see they are. Plenty of them in here still.

I was talking to someone well connected to the club yesterday, and they told me pep is going at the end of next season,

He said there will be big wholesale changes not just on the field but off it aswell, the club are looking to do a big reset all at once rather than bit by bit,

That’s all I was told, and so maybe the club are looking to go into a new direction with new ideas, I don’t know, but I do know that most leading companies around the globe stay at the top in there field by having an evaluation every 10 years, and then press forward with new hungry talent to take them into there next fase,

Who knows, but I certainly know that are owners will be picking the brains of every leading sports franchise in world sport on how to stay at the top and keep a winning formula when moving on from a dominant era with a legendary coach into a new era with a new coach and management team

My guess is whoever comes in will be coming in to work to the clubs values and the city way rather than us changing to a coach who has his own idea of how to play and coach a team,

Pep kdb and soriano all going new york
City may 2025

Txiki retires same time

Not guesswork. All facts

Best if City announce it early to avoid speculation

I was talking to someone well connected to the club yesterday, and they told me pep is going at the end of next season,

He said there will be big wholesale changes not just on the field but off it aswell, the club are looking to do a big reset all at once rather than bit by bit,

That’s all I was told, and so maybe the club are looking to go into a new direction with new ideas, I don’t know, but I do know that most leading companies around the globe stay at the top in there field by having an evaluation every 10 years, and then press forward with new hungry talent to take them into there next fase,

Who knows, but I certainly know that are owners will be picking the brains of every leading sports franchise in world sport on how to stay at the top and keep a winning formula when moving on from a dominant era with a legendary coach into a new era with a new coach and management team

My guess is whoever comes in will be coming in to work to the clubs values and the city way rather than us changing to a coach who has his own idea of how to play and coach a team,
I've heard the situation is exactly what Pep said - so who's cock is bigger?

It has to happen eventually I suppose and I hope he finds the energy to commit for longer but if not then going to NY could leave open the opportunity to return should things go badly after his departure. Personally, other than a back-to-back CL there’s little he has left to achieve, it might be the right time.

In terms of managers who could work with players of City's stature, be tactically super-adept and also play attacking, possession based football which is what the City fans have come to expect then there aren't many who could handle such a role.

Going through them one at a time;

Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.

Postecoglou - not tactically adept enough unless you fancy every game ending up 5-4

Arteta - unlikely he goes from Arsenal to City but he'd be up to the job for sure

Amorim - ticks the boxes but it's a big step up

Ancelotti - excellent choice but he's surely retiring sooner rather than later

De Zerbi - the philosophy is there but this may be too big a job for him

Sam Allardyce - if that happens it means you're in league 2

Nagelsman - I've got a hunch about this guy and City. He'd be great I reckon.

Unai Emery - an underrated coach, he'd be a left-field choice but could do it

Inzaghi - Inter play great attacking football, tactically very smart.

Klopp - never in a million years

Kompany - with a year under his belt at Bayern maybe but I don't think he'd leave after just a year

Tuchel - too divisive a figure for City IMHO. He's a whingeing twat so nailed on for the Rags I'd say

Pochettino - not good enough

Who have I missed out? If City believe Pep is off in a year they'll already be starting the process of replacing him.

Like I said in the post, I've a hunch on Nagelsman. He's young, dynamic and could deal with the pressure and expectation.

In terms of managers who could work with players of City's stature, be tactically super-adept and also play attacking, possession based football which is what the City fans have come to expect then there aren't many who could handle such a role.

Going through them one at a time;

Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.

Postecoglou - not tactically adept enough unless you fancy every game ending up 5-4

Arteta - unlikely he goes from Arsenal to City but he'd be up to the job for sure

Amorim - ticks the boxes but it's a big step up

Ancelotti - excellent choice but he's surely retiring sooner rather than later

De Zerbi - the philosophy is there but this may be too big a job for him

Sam Allardyce - if that happens it means you're in league 2

Nagelsman - I've got a hunch about this guy and City. He'd be great I reckon.

Unai Emery - an underrated coach, he'd be a left-field choice but could do it

Inzaghi - Inter play great attacking football, tactically very smart.

Klopp - never in a million years

Kompany - with a year under his belt at Bayern maybe but I don't think he'd leave after just a year

Tuchel - too divisive a figure for City IMHO. He's a whingeing twat so nailed on for the Rags I'd say

Pochettino - not good enough

Who have I missed out? If City believe Pep is off in a year they'll already be starting the process of replacing him.

Like I said in the post, I've a hunch on Nagelsman. He's young, dynamic and could deal with the pressure and expectation.
“Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.” Nobody knows where this guy will end up in the future. Many people predicted he would end up at Liverpool and he didn’t. It is silly to say he is destined for Madrid or Liverpool or wherever

“Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.” Nobody knows where this guy will end up in the future. Many people predicted he would end up at Liverpool and he didn’t. It is silly to say he is destined for Madrid or Liverpool or wherever
Sure but emotions are a big thing in football and I think his heart will say Madrid first, then Dippers second.

Go to Madrid and you're more or less guaranteed to win the league. PL is brutal, it's taken an absolute genius to get City 4 PLs in a row and it's a bit like replacing Fergie at the Rags - a bit of a hiding to nothing unless you're a really strong character. Also Alonso is still inexperienced - being the guy who led the plucky underdogs to the German Double is nothing like the expectations he'd have at City, plus managing world class superstars. Will need a big ego coach which is why I think Nagelsman fits the bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.