Pep's contract situation

If Pep is off after one more season it wouldn't surprise me if Alonso has been pencilled in. Pep knows Alonso very well, and going unbeaten in the Bundesliga while dethroning Bayern is no mean feat. Alonso not leaving Leverkusen this Summer while being in huge demand, is another clue. 90 points in 34 games is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think he’ll have had a steer from the club on this.
I don't believe for one second this is from the club at this point, on parade day, timing doesn't make sense and the article is very vague, doesn't really say much. Pep himself said he would talk to the club next season and see how he feels.

There's not many managers with the CV to take over from Pep.

Lots of exciting young coaches out there right now, but part of me wonders if the first one to follow Pep should be a steady hand.

The pressure will be immense.

Is he reliable? It could be just idle speculation on a quiet news day.
Here's a novel thought - why not believe what Pep himself said only a week ago.
That he will sit down and discuss it.
This is hardly Woodward and Bernstein journalism. As usual, and with the aid of the lurking rags, of which there are many, this gains momentum on here. Unbelievable.

I don't believe for one second this is from the club at this point, on parade day, timing doesn't make sense and the article is very vague, doesn't really say much. Pep himself said he would talk to the club next season and see how he feels.
It is possible he intended to wait until after the parade but ran with it early because he thought other reporters now had the info.

The way I read Peps "chat" about his future was for me optimistic. Starting off saying he was tired but then went on to say the owners, chairman Soriano and Tixiki (sic.) give me everything I want/need. Saying he has total control of all he requires to build and run HIS team without having to answer to a Football Director or any other person who would interfere. Is there actually another Club he could move to that would offer him the same. I don't think he's other option is of him thinking of retiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.