Pep's contract situation

Not so sure, I think Pep’s utter genius has made some of the club hierarchy complacent in some ways. The squad management last summer saw us lose our club captain and our free scoring right winger and we ended up with a wolves misfit and a talented but raw left wing. We have brought with mixed results recently with Philips and Gomez but regardless Pep has made it work. I honestly believe he got the absolute maximum possible out of the squad this season.

We’re facing into a bit of a rebuild but if Pep is only here for a season then it may be difficult to attract players.
Philips yes, and Nunes probably (have to wait for next season to know with more certainty). But Gomez cost 9m which we prob would easily recoup on a sale. We have also bought Gvardiol (generational talent) and Doku (could become one also) and Kovacic (solid buy at 25m).

Weird timing, if true.
Could cause us recruitment issues this summer, players not knowing who's coming next.
Every media outlet will have one narrative at every interview, Pep leaving.
Could turn into a right fucking circus
100% it will make a lot of our targets question the move

When Pep leaves that’s probably the biggest job available in football. The opportunity to take over a winning team and be Peps successor and from articles from journalists close to pep he wants to pick his successor.

I don’t think any manager turns Pep down if he calls and asked them to take over Alonso or Arteta.

I could see us going down the road of Barca when they first appointed Pep.

Gundogan, highly intelligent, would command respect in the dressing room and loves the club.

We’ve been here before.

Viera, Kompany, now Gundogan.

There’s no guarantee Gundo will be a world class manager. He might, he might not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.