Pep's contract situation

Nonsense The reason for the ”40 passes” is because most teams play all 11 in the last 18yards City are trying to draw them out and beat the press, your one ball would just be gobbled up. Ultimately they are looking for the one ball.
I find the way they play fascinating, the speed and accuracy, the running into space trying to create angles this is why it’s so much better to be watching in the stadium than on TV and why rival fans claim its boring because they only see City on Tv. Unfortunately the idiot commenta and pundits rarely point it out, my bet is that the likes of Barry Davies would have

Spot on. They don't play that many passes just for fun, but because they're obliged to against a double (and sometimes triple) wall, to bend and pull the other side out of shape and create a pocket of space that way.
They didn't have to do so as much in the miraculous 17-18 season because they had a winger, namely Sané, who was on fire, who could beat his player on the outside for sheer speed — we don't seem to have those wingers any more — or was running round his marker with Merlin playing slide rule passes on the inside of the full back for Leroy to run on to, and then get the ball over behind the entire defence for Raz or Sergio, as often as not, to be there for the tap-in.
And I entirely agree that it is fascinating to watch it unfold in the stadium. But it's generally true of all forms of football that there is a terrible loss of understanding on a tv screen. Because you're only ever looking at an extremely restricted cone of about 50, 60° or so.

Er… just realised what this thread's supposed to be about. So… has he signed or what?

Last edited:
This is true, when your are in the stadium you can see the covering defenders, the doubling up to block off space in behind, you can see why the ball is recycled to try and move the defenders around. Watching the cameras follow the ball you can’t see that, I think thats where some just assume there are big gaps an a ball in behind for a fast runner is on, most of the time it isn’t.
I’ve turned to my son at times after 5 minutes and said this is going to be tough theres just no room. Though then quite often we then score and it opens up for a 4 or 5 goal win ;)
It's the one big plus being in SS3, the movement & space we create is a fantastic watch from up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.