Pep's contract situation

Weirder for the younger lads. There will be some that will have had their whole adolescence under Pep. First kiss, first drink, first shag, first smoke, all of high school and college and uni. Mad innit.

I was born in 1986, so needless to say my formative years were a lot more painful being a City fan. Imagine what they'll tell their kids what being a blue as a teenager when Pep was here was like.
My lad was 11 when I got him his first ST in July 2008 so the only home game he saw, prior to the takeover, was a 3-0 v West Ham.
That being said, he is aware of our hilarious 30 years prior to that but how fantastic it must be for him I can only imagine.
Since the takeover: 6 titles, 3 runners up, 2 FA Cups and 6 League Cups and all of those came in the last 12 seasons! Then ’two season Pep’ stays for 7 seasons and then signs on for another 2 years….

Let’s hope we can all keep enjoying it and not resort to being an entitled group like a couple of others I could mention.
What a time to be a Blue……

Last edited:
It’s not just losing, it’s also the strange selection. CL Final, no DM when we played every other game with one. I’m sure he had his reasons but it just seemed weird. I’m sure there were other occasions too.
No complaints from me. As you say, sometimes you lose. C’est la vie.
I’m not saying there aren’t strange selections, just saying there are probably loads that we don’t notice or forget because we win those games. We only question them or remember them on the odd occasions we don’t win. Take the chelsea final, we all remember the selection, yet if Foden or Mahrez had scored their chances and we’d won it those strange selections would be long forgotten, but we didn’t so we go back to the team selection.

My lad was 11 when I got him his first ST in July 2008 so the only home game he saw, prior to the takeover, was a 3-0 v West Ham.
That being said, he is aware of our hilarious 30 years prior to that but how fantastic it must be for him I can only imagine.
Since the takeover: 6 titles, 3 runners up, 2 FA Cups and 6 League Cups and all of those came in the last 12 seasons! Then ’two season Pep’ stays for 7 seasons and then signs on for another 2 years….
Well said Yellow Sir
Let’s hope we can all keep enjoying it and not resort to being an entitled group like a couple of others I could mention.

No he’s not lucky. Our thirty years in the wilderness was character building and a necessary precursor to our current greatness. All those who went through that will always be aware that it can happen again.
Your lad will never have the pleasure of dog shit alley or the Kippax bogs or getting beat year after year by the rags or the dippers, not to mention Halifax, Shrewsbury et al. He’ll never know the joy of relegation on the last day of the season (we hope) or getting piss wet through on the scoreboard end. Oh, great times, but I prefer today in my old age…..Agueroooooo!

Nedum is so lucid, good to hear somebody who doesn't constantly fall over their words and can speak calmly and confidently, with knowledge too.

One of the very few commentators who actually tells me something about a game that I've just seen that I hadn't quite spotted. Perhaps the only one. It is unfathomable to me that he hasn't been hunted down by MOTD or Sky (where I presume the money is on a different level to what he's getting at present).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.