Pep's contract situation

Really putting his neck on the line is Gaughan coming out with this as if it's 100% right. He must've been told something to be so confident or is he just a good bluffer?
its a bold article & headline especially as he categorically stated in the content:

While City stress that there has been no formal indication either way from the 52-year-old, multiple sources within the industry and City have openly discussed the prospect of an impending departure over recent months.

so no definitive decision & its normal for our club to plan - just in case????

Last edited:
Pep.

“I know some players have to take a decision on whether they stay with us and some players might come,” said Guardiola.

“My sporting director says everything is fine for next year but right now, I don’t know what might happen.”

its a bold article & headline especially as he categorically stated in the content:

While City stress that there has been no formal indication either way from the 52-year-old, multiple sources within the industry and City have openly discussed the prospect of an impending departure over recent months.

so no definitive decision & irs normal for our club to plan - just in case????
Yeah. Story is just 'as you were'

Reactions: CC1
Really putting his neck on the line is Gaughan coming out with this as if it's 100% right. He must've been told something to be so confident or is he just a good bluffer?

Not really, not at all. We had the same every time he signed an extension, journalists and itks convinced he is leaving. Then when he signs, it is all quickly forgotten, or something has changed. It is the safest gamble oht there, for a manager entering the last year of his contract.

Pep has been clear. He is looking forward to next season. Whether he goes beyond that he will see over the season, how the players are and how things are going. Why wouldn't anyone believe that.

That doesn't mean he will stay, of course. Certainly doesn't have to mean he will leave either. It just means he will decide, in time. Like he has every other time he signed an extension. One time he won't, and one time they will guess right. But nothing 'scientific' about it to rush to believe it right now.

My missus every day says to me "Pep is leaving" " Grealish is leaving" "Haaland is leaving" "Stones is leaving" "City are getting relegated" the list goes on and on and on.
I said " of course they are "
Missus " well that's what it says on google"
Me " I've told you a thousand times don't believe the press/media " lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.