Pep's contract situation

There's no way Ederson is leaving, his agent knows his importance to us and is posturing for an improvement contract, which he deserves in my opinion.
I think Ederson knows we could potentially have a difficult goalkeeping situation on our hands with Ortega potentially leaving and his agent is trying to maximise his earning on his next city contract

As goalkeepers go, Eddie is very underpaid - not even in the top 8 of goalkeepers round Europe

The new Manager could be part of Pep’s team at the CWC..just a thought.

There are ways around things and City will have thought of them.

The new Manager could be part of Pep’s team at the CWC..just a thought.

There are ways around things and City will have thought of them.
Too close to home that - I reckon pep will just leave before CWC, he won’t want to encroach on the new gaffers ideas

CWC is another reason why I think he could potentially extend

Food for thought

The CWC happening next summer wouldn’t be the ideal way to end things between the club and Pep, assuming he is the manager for it and wants to leave summer 2025

I think him staying in position for it would completely undermine the new manager. It would be very hard for the new manager to get in the building, chat to the squad, meet wider staff and project his ideas all whilst the greatest manager ever and the most successful in our history is still at the helm for the CWC. Pep would be hanging on at this point and I just don’t think that’s wise for the club. When he leaves, we need a clean break and him staying for the CWC would completely mess up our pre-season with the new gaffer.

Interesting decision that the club will have to make.

Pep to New York City fc makes sense with those viewing figures. Capitalising more on the American market , a lot more will watch New York City fc with Pep there. More money for the cfg project

As does keeping him here and maximising the money for City’s increased viewing there.

Last edited:
Food for thought

The CWC happening next summer wouldn’t be the ideal way to end things between the club and Pep, assuming he is the manager for it and wants to leave summer 2025

I think him staying in position for it would completely undermine the new manager. It would be very hard for the new manager to get in the building, chat to the squad, meet wider staff and project his ideas all whilst the greatest manager ever and the most successful in our history is still at the helm for the CWC. Pep would be hanging on at this point and I just don’t think that’s wise for the club. When he leaves, we need a clean break and him staying for the CWC would completely mess up our pre-season with the new gaffer.

Interesting decision that the club will have to make.

A decision only to be made if he doesn't extend, of course. Which I honestly think is way too soon to rule out.

Which is why it’s too early to speculate on anything. Next season is 12 weeks away so who knows how Pep will feel come the start.

I think it’s a positive sign for us that he hasn’t walked at the end of this season and is willing to go into next season.
If his mind was made up I reckon we’d have got some clarity at the end of this season

For us, yes. Not for the papers. They can get clicks now. And again in 12 weeks. And again in 22 weeks. Why the hell not milk that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.