Pep's contract situation

I don't think we'd win the league next season either way. If we can get Pep to extend then obviously keep him, my point is I don't think 1 more year is enough time to regenerate this team to continue being dominant in the league, and if we did the follow up manager won't be as good in the league as Pep. Focus more on the cups for a couple seasons instead of stretching ourselves too thin.

We've signed the likes of Alvarez and Nunes who seem better suited to playing against us than for us. Add someone like Guimarães + a fast winger and we have the basis for a more counter attacking cup side. Don't like him at all but Touchal would make us dangerous in the cups (if Pep doesn't extend).
Pep will never prioritise counter attacking football over possession.
I prefer to be the aggressor, anyway. Squeeze and press, cause the defensive lines to fracture. Counter-attacking is what we face 95% of the time. Some are good at it and have some joy, but for the most part, pressure works.
Touchel is decent, but I'm not convinced he has the personality to lead a great team. That chumps lge win was an aberration as much as the rags fa cup win. Mostly down to our failings.

Really, you think it was muscle memory….. we were the better team than Rags, Dippers & Madrid but for missed chances.

I think he’s worth another season.

Incidentally how did you rate how Ten Hag, Klopp & Ancelotti set up against City.

Obviously it's an ugly way to set up but it works. We've played Madrid 8 times under Pep and I'd argue looked the better football side each time, mostly didn't end with us progressing though. There's the myth that Klopp goes "toe to toe" with us but mostly they resemble a Mourinho bunker side. Against these clubs we always come out worse from the officiating but it's only exacerbated by our wide open style.

I don't think we'd win the league next season either way. If we can get Pep to extend then obviously keep him, my point is I don't think 1 more year is enough time to regenerate this team to continue being dominant in the league, and if we did the follow up manager won't be as good in the league as Pep. Focus more on the cups for a couple seasons instead of stretching ourselves too thin.

We've signed the likes of Alvarez and Nunes who seem better suited to playing against us than for us. Add someone like Guimarães + a fast winger and we have the basis for a more counter attacking cup side. Don't like him at all but Touchal would make us dangerous in the cups (if Pep doesn't extend).
Because why would anyone want pep gone , makes no sense no mater how you spin it

According to a couple of back pages in tomorrow’s Sunday rags, we want Pep to sign a contract extension and our sheikh is planning to woo him.

Tell me, do we also want to try win 5 in a row? Because if we don’t, a bit disappointing, I need to know!

Tell me, do we also want to try win 5 in a row? Because if we don’t, a bit disappointing, I need to know!
of course we dont, this winning lark is getting a bit boring if you listen to the red top press so we're going to stop doing that so delooney, herbert and their ilk say nice things about us because apparently thats more important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.