Pep's contract situation

If he does stay pep - be great news .. you couldn't help but love him even more

I thought the wider discussion on X about offering him the same contract + 2/3% in CFG with maybe a route to overseeing football operations around the world very, very interesting.
I’ve long thought that Head of Coaching for CFG would be ideal for him.
He loves experiencing different cultures and he could spread his unique ideas world wide. So much better than managing a national side and no club on earth could satisfy him now.

I’ve long thought that Head of Coaching for CFG would be ideal for him.
He loves experiencing different cultures and he could spread his unique ideas world wide. So much better than managing a national side and no club on earth could satisfy him now.

God, I hope so. I always thought it would be a terrible waste for football if the Michels/Cruyff/Guardiola school of football ended with him in national football or in a league that isn't "worthy".

Imho, the best time for him to take up the CFG mantle would be in another five years when four or five of the players who have played under him have some coaching experience and are dotted about the group. Gundogan, de Bruyne maybe and Rodri (although he says he wants to move to an executive position rather than coaching). Who else?

Then he can coach a team of eleven coaches in CFG rather than eleven players in a single club. I would do it :) He could even be based in Barcelona or the US, wherever the group has a club.

Get it sorted ..... best for City, CFG and football in general.

God, I hope so. I always thought it would be a terrible waste for football if the Michels/Cruyff/Guardiola school of football ended with him in national football or in a league that isn't "worthy".

Imho, the best time for him to take up the CFG mantle would be in another five years when four or five of the players who have played under him have some coaching experience and are dotted about the group. Gundogan, de Bruyne maybe and Rodri (although he says he wants to move to an executive position rather than coaching). Who else?

Then he can coach a team of eleven coaches in CFG rather than eleven players in a single club. I would do it :) He could even be based in Barcelona or the US, wherever the group has a club.

Get it sorted ..... best for City, CFG and football in general.
Maybe make it another 10 years, just to make sure we have enough ex-players who are qualified and have experience. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.