Pep's contract situation

I’ve long thought that Head of Coaching for CFG would be ideal for him.
He loves experiencing different cultures and he could spread his unique ideas world wide. So much better than managing a national side and no club on earth could satisfy him now.
The second I saw it it made total sense, especially in the context of a small ownership stake in CFG. I could totally see Silverlake going for that. And he has a much better record of top coaching staff coming through his ranks in a way that Ferguson doesn't. I can see the pitch now: a year of two in New York, then travel the world, set up footballing structures on every continent, having dozens of coaches and thousands of players coming through and playing the Pep/Man City way. What a legacy, changing football for the next century. Much better suited for him than managing England.

God, I hope so. I always thought it would be a terrible waste for football if the Michels/Cruyff/Guardiola school of football ended with him in national football or in a league that isn't "worthy".

Imho, the best time for him to take up the CFG mantle would be in another five years when four or five of the players who have played under him have some coaching experience and are dotted about the group. Gundogan, de Bruyne maybe and Rodri (although he says he wants to move to an executive position rather than coaching). Who else?

Then he can coach a team of eleven coaches in CFG rather than eleven players in a single club. I would do it :) He could even be based in Barcelona or the US, wherever the group has a club.

Get it sorted ..... best for City, CFG and football in general.
Rodri in the Txiki role then ;)

I think Ferna did his coaching badges while here didn't he?

All a bit fantasy football, but what a vision for the future.

Rodri in the Txiki role then ;)

I think Ferna did his coaching badges while here didn't he?

All a bit fantasy football, but what a vision for the future.

I don't think it's "fantasy football" at all, I think it's exactly what you say, "a vision for the future". After all, if you are setting up a conveyor-belt for future players, why wouldn't you set up a similar arrangement for future executives ?

Could work, but haaland is shocking when it comes to headers
I agree with Haaland heading ability, It's crazy though having seen his header in the flesh against Wolves last season possibly the hardest one he's ever had and puts it away like that!

Hopefully fat sam was watching that game and will stick with him instead of going in for Kevin Davies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.