Pep's contract situation

After seeing Pep’s reactions in games in the title run-in, he doesn’t look like he particularly wants or needs more ‘family time’.

I agree, i've said the same.

When he took that sabbatical from Barcelona, it was evident during the season. It came as a shock to nobody, it was speculated on, the players all said they knew it ahead even without him mentioning it.

I don't see that here, I really don't. Next season things may change, but so far, everything is there for both him and the club to keep this thing going.

He’s clearly waiting to see what charges we are hit with before committing or not - and you can’t blame him. He’s probably only got 10 years left of managing at the top level. He’s always said he won’t be managing beyond his 60s

He’s clearly waiting to see what charges we are hit with before committing or not - and you can’t blame him. He’s probably only got 10 years left of managing at the top level. He’s always said he won’t be managing beyond his 60s
dont think its anything to do with the charges TBH i think its just coincidence we will here about the charges and his contract expiring around the same time, Pep would love nothing more than to fight a 30 point deduction and qualify for CL football sticking the finger up at the PL, not that this is likely to happen anyway

He said he would be here even if we get sent to the second division

I don't think the two are linked. I'd go as far as saying that the charges turning out negative for us, might actually make him want to stay even more. Not that we may ever find out hopefully.

After seeing Pep’s reactions in games in the title run-in, he doesn’t look like he particularly wants or needs more ‘family time’.
Look at the age of the players we are signing and compare that to Ferguson in his final season where the bought the likes of Van Persie at 30 years old. It showed that Ferguson was going to jack it in that season. Pep will probably sign a year on year rolling contract that takes him over ten years. I still think he believes he has unfinished business with City.

Pep looks buzzing in all the club media being released!
Pleasing isn't it..i think Pep will have one or two more but in his last year really work on a proper succession plan. I have a feeling he will take a break..do a World Cup with Argentina then take over as Football Director across the entire City group. Unique global position..football CEO

No he is not, that's a crock.

Just a question if he and the players/club still have the hunger for more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.