Pep's contract situation

Firstly, from their point of view, I am sure he is not their style. He isn't a corporate yes man. He won't pick someone he doesn't want to and he will drag off anyone who isn't performing no matter whose blue-eyed boy he is.
Secondly, from his point of view I am sure he knows he can't expect half that team to learn to play his way in eight weeks a year. There are other international teams better suited to his style.
Thirdly, they are willing to appoint a caretaker for a year in the hope of getting him? Really?
Lastly, when he is finished at City, whenever that is, he will be taking a well-deserved break, imho.

All imho, of course, but yes you may be right. They may think they want him. but if they think about it properly, there are managers much more suited to England than Guardiola.
He will also pick City players and play them in their correct positions which will not go down well among powers that be

He will also pick City players and play them in their correct positions which will not go down well among powers that be

He could actually make a pretty good team out of English players who play "his" way but it would mean excluding players from the hoof and run teams (yes I am looking at you Liverpool and United) but he will never be allowed to do that so he would be set up to fail by trial in the media before he even starts. I would he amazed if he even considered it. At least for another five years or so when even the dinosaurs have decided to catch up.

I have said for years I could see Pep ending up as the England manager to round out his career with an international role.

He has hinted he would like to manage a national side but his staunch Catalonian heritage rules him out of Spain, so always thought it would be either us or Brazil for some reason.

Let’s be honest, he knows the talent England has coming through.. he knows the players. If he was to leave us for another management role.. this was and always has been my guess as to where he would end up.

He’s super clever with his appointments, and I feel the stars may align as this generation approach their peak years. I could even see him agreeing to take the job at the end of the season after announcing it much earlier in order to see out his contract with us affording him one more chance of both the premier league and Champions league.

If that happens and he takes England to the World Cup and lands it.. he’s the best ever, no questions asked (although we all know he already is).

Hope I’m wrong…

I have said for years I could see Pep ending up as the England manager to round out his career with an international role.

He has hinted he would like to manage a national side but his staunch Catalonian heritage rules him out of Spain, so always thought it would be either us or Brazil for some reason.

Let’s be honest, he knows the talent England has coming through.. he knows the players. If he was to leave us for another management role.. this was and always has been my guess as to where he would end up.

He’s super clever with his appointments, and I feel the stars may align as this generation approach their peak years. I could even see him agreeing to take the job at the end of the season after announcing it much earlier in order to see out his contract with us affording him one more chance of both the premier league and Champions league.

If that happens and he takes England to the World Cup and lands it.. he’s the best ever, no questions asked (although we all know he already is).

Hope I’m wrong…
id be very surprised if he took the England job or any other international job at this stage in his career, one day yes but can only see that being Argentina or Brazil, a contract extension to see the charges off down the road and the opening of the new stand all in a 2-3 year period while the club work on his replacement

id be very surprised if he took the England job or any other international job at this stage in his career, one day yes but can only see that being Argentina or Brazil, a contract extension to see the charges off down the road and the opening of the new stand all in a 2-3 year period while the club work on his replacement
It wouldn't suprise me, especially if he wants more family time. The england job could very well be perfect for him. Like the previous poster said there's a lot of talent there in that English squad and pep might feel he could be the very man to lead them. He's as good as accomplished everything in club football. If he is too leave us at the end of his contract let's hope it's by winning 5 in a row and another champions league title as a little added bonus.

Last edited:
I hope he never takes the England job. It is poisonous. Mostly because the British media are atrocious cunts in general.

And besides that I'd not want any City associated person involved with the fuckers who have tried to destroy our club for years.

If he goes down the international route he'd be better off managing practically any other team bar England.

Yes. He needs to stay to open the Guardiola stand.

I hope he never takes the England job. It is poisonous. Mostly because the British media are atrocious cunts in general.

And besides that I'd not want any City associated person involved with the fuckers who have tried to destroy our club for years.

If he goes down the international route he'd be better off managing practically any other team bar England.
Well said. I hope he wouldn’t touch England with a barge pole. Tell the FA to fuck right off!

I would agree but I think he would be hugely tempted to take it if offered.

The talent available is huge and he would revolutionise our game even further.

I just hope the FA are put off with the size of contract they would need to offer, Howe would be a lot cheaper and easier option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.