Pep's contract situation

All been well with the 115, I struggle to see how Pep doesn’t extend for a further year based upon us playing in the World Club Cup (which he will want to win) and then the new season starting 3 weeks later.
If Pep did go after the WCC, a new Manager coming in with 3 weeks to prepare would be a huge challenge no matter how long he knew he was getting the job
"All being well with the 115" is going to be the key. It's easy to be buoyant given yesterday's news, but on the other hand the PL will be keener than ever to get something to stick. That doesn't mean they will do of course, I've long believed that if the PL had anything they would have broken the charges down into separate cases so they could stop us in our tracks (via points deductions) now, and again later on rather than have it all hang on one complex hearing that would run on for a year or two, but who knows?

I would imagine a new manager would have a far easier job than he would at most other clubs given the set up, and I think the club probably already know who it will be regardless of whether Pep stays or not. I'm not overly concerned because he's going to leave sooner or later, it is what it is.

Didn't sam lee recently write that peps leaving.... I personally think he signs the new deal.

I am almost 100% that Pep will sign an extension. Based on logic:

1) He mentions the CWC too much and it's clear managing it is in his plans. No way he will leave the club with only 3 weeks for the new manager. He loves the club far too much for that.

2) He talks about planning for the next season, like the problems with injuries, resting in the WCW, wanting delay for the 1st PL match... again, clear that he is too involved to just leave.

3) His next adventure is a national team, but he will not take any team with only 1 year to prepare the world cup. He could take a break, but Pep only took a break because his last year with Barca left him depleted and with huge stress.

4) He is Abu Dhabi now. I don't think he would go there right now just to tell them no. It makes zero sense, but if for an extension + interviews + commercials... it just fits.

My guess is he will sign a 2 year extension, with two clauses: he can leave after 1 year, and the contract is null if we get hit with the 115 charges.

Somehow I feel even if we get hit with 115 , it will make him more determined to stay and help us navigate through crises.

Somehow I feel even if we get hit with 115 , it will make him more determined to stay and help us navigate through crises.

That’s the impression I got when it all started to come out, when he mentioned Summerbee and Dickov and being back where we once was and that we’d come back etc etc - sounded like he was ready for battle back then, hopefully if worse scenario does actually happen he still feels the same way….although I don’t and never have thought a worse case scenario is gonna happen really.

It’ll shut a lot up who cannot wait for him to go, to give them a chance hahaha, and would be perfect if he extends a little while longer, just to boil a bit more piss out there

I feel the same.

People keep saying it depends on 115, he'll be off if it is not a positive.

Does nobody think the 115 also affects any incoming manager?

What manager at the top of their game would want to take over to have to deal with any negative outcome of that!

After 9 years here, I don't think Pep leaves unless he knows there is a good replacement lined up.

We should be filling our away ends with Catalan flags as much as possible until he signs a new deal.

(Or until the end of the season if he decides to leave)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.