Pep's contract situation

It’s more important we sign pep for at least 1 year but ideally 2 years than winning another trophy. I’d be happy for him to take England job then.

We need to sort at least 5 new signings in the summer & it’s going to be much easier having pep. We have several players also going in the next 12 months.

Huge changes coming up for city off the field & we need to get it right.

Pep won’t leave his legacy like this so i see at least 1 year extension
The first question for the new signings will be asking if this is Pep’s last season. Continued uncertainty over his future is just annoying and not particularly helpful. That’s if he signs for one year.

I love Pep and what he’s given this club, we’ll likely never see it again and you’ll be able to say you witnessed the Guardiola era for years to come.

I just can’t shake the feeling that if he signs a one year extension it’s because the timeline doesn’t quite work for his departure. The Club World Cup final is a mere 3 weeks before the start of the PL. I reckon he might well be off this year if the tournament wasn’t a thing. Can’t have his cake and eat it because that’s no time for a new manager to get bedded in. He’s already stated his desire to be in charge at CWC.

Hot take and I might get pelters for this but I wouldn’t be adverse to getting the new manager in at the end of the European season. Someone who is fully invested, hungry and wants to lead the rebuild. Someone who has the bollocks to lead us into the post Pep era.

One year extension just feels like we’re kicking the can down the road for what we know will inevitably happen.

2 years please Pep! :)

I’ve mentioned this before on here, but I vividly remember listening to a podcast with Ornstein over 5 years ago and I recall him saying ‘my sources say Pep will be leaving after his contract runs out’ Pep had less than a year of his contract left at that point.
At the same time Guilleme blaugue (who I think wrote wrote peps book) was saying - we have to keep pep by saying ... renew one year more... or two year more... He wont sing like 4 years deal. Every year we have to add 1 or 2 year in his contract. Thats what it is with him.

Pep and England is bullshit, imho. I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance that he would have taken the England job. I don't see how it would have any appeal to him - working with an ever changing squad of less talented players than he already has at his disposal, and a braying Press just waiting for him to fail.
It's a job for lesser mortals.

Hoping that we get 10 years completed, but, if he goes at the end of this season - wow; just fuckin' wow! What a time we've had with him. God bless him in whatever he chooses to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.