Pep's contract situation

The rumour is a one year extension. This is no good, we would just be in the same position in 12 months. They should offer two years or nothing. We have to cut the umbilical cord at some point. If he goes try for Amorim in the summer.
Bollocks. Another year of Pep would be fantastic. And there’s always the chance he decides to renew again in a years time

I love Pep
But I don’t like this uncertainty.

Even if we aren’t as successful under the new manager, the transition is happening soon.
That "uncertainty" you mentioned: it means you don't like 1 year of 80% winning league + 1 year unknown; you prefer 2 years of unknown instead? (Assume that "unknown" == we choose a good manager that has 60% winning league, and I'm being very optimistic here)

There are two parties in this and a one year extension is decidedly not in the interests of the club. We pay him £17m. p.a., that’s quite enough to ask him not to try for one year.
Yes three are two parties in this discussion & yes Pep earns £17M but he has won us everything. No other manager could have done that. As I said let him choose on his terms.20241016_211416.jpg

The break clause is he could walk away whenever he wanted contract or not, Mansour would never stop him he as done to much for us.
I'm not buying that, we would never be so unprofessional and let him walk away at any time, IMO he would have to give notice of intention to do so, so we could prepare for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.