Pep's contract situation

Whatever may come to this, I feel Pep should be frank and fair to himself and to the club. If the intensity is gnawing him off he can call it quits. He would always have a place in our heart and he is the best manager we had till date. But if he plans to reinvigorate himself he should sign can extension, let players know he is there to stay and they can start working for the next season.

But his plans should be very clear. He had a fairly good control of our club with only a few question him ( if any). He never got this chance at Barca or Bayern. He just can't stay for one year where we are obviously going to spend a lot and next season a new manager comes and wants to get rid of the signings. The players will also be not motivated. They know it is his last year at the club.

Mendy was bad luck. No one knew he would be injured if over a year basically. He hasn’t recovered after that
It's not bad luck Mendy getting injured. He got injured as he cannot defend and attempted to tackle with his right leg (thus exposing his right knee) rather than how any other natural left back would have done, i.e. use his natural left. It looked so clumsy at the time and every moment he's played since he's looked clumsy and error strewn. What bugs me most about the money we spend is that most of the players are fundamentally flawed for our league. Rhodri is slower than my mother and she's dead, Mendy just can't defend and is a complete cluster. By far the most consistent, most suited and best sihoning we've made over 4 years of Pep is Kyle Walker, and it's no surprise he English and was already proven in the league. Don't tell me British players are not available as we have seen Robertson at Liverpool and Tierney at Arsenal. Our problem is we never look in our own market and therefore never find such players. I am hoping the signing of Ake, although not British but at least proven will change the tide. With that in mind I would spend every penny we have on acquiring Kane and drop any idea if any other overseas players this summer. No Messi, no new Mangala from Napoli, simply forget it. Get John Stones mentally right and get Harwood Bellis as 4th choice. Sell Garcia and Ottamendi, in fact sell the other Mendy too!

We lost the league to a shite Liverpool side by 18 points. Think Pep's aura is beginning to fade for me, he's turning into the new Mourinho.
I've no confidence in him to turn it around next season either.

A shite Liverpool team? They’ve just got 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons and are still the current champions of Europe.

Great Article in Times saying , what's absolutely right , is that if Pep is staying only for 1 year, does he need to have a say of who we recruit players who will shape our team for the next 4-5 years ???

Either extend contract , OR have a succession plan ready. No uncertainty please

bloody hell boys and girls I was apoplectic last night with the ridiculous tactics and all, but some of the things I'm reading on here today are veering towards the shite I used to read about Pellegrini.

The facts are simple. Pep does have some sort of need to prove himself too clever for his own good when in european knockout games but what about the other 90% of the season?

Two record breaking seasons in the league watching things we never thought we would see, 3 consecutive league cups, an fa cup and the satisfaction of watching City utterly destroy English football for two years running. All whilst turning a profit.

And never forget, when the shit hit the fan in february he wasted no time in standing up for the club. Very publicly and very loudly. That was the time when a lesser man would have been shuffling towards the exit door. Pep did the opposite and doubled down in his show of loyalty.

He deserves the same in return off us as a fanbase and off the players. Every one of which he has personally improved. If any players don't like it they can fuck off. I dont care who they are, they work for City which means they work for Pep.

Fuck the champions league, its bent and corrupt. We would never be allowed to win it whatever Pep did or didnt do last night.

This man stood by us when we most needed him to.

Now its our turn to stand by him

Thanks. The nugget of sense i was hoping for on this thread.

I would have been expecting us to go out vs Bayern. Getting to the semi vs them would have been progress though and I'd have been happy(as long as Bayern didn't humiliate us). Going out to Lyon just shows we've not progressed in this competition under Pep...if anything we've regressed.

Firmly believe that if Pep does extend his time with us he needs to bring in a defensive coach.
It seems Pep likes total control but since Vinnie left our defence is lousy.
And we've signed way too many duds, Mendy, Stones, Cancello, Angelino, Danilo who we practically gave away. There's about 200 million...Only Walker and Laporte look good value.
Denayer to me looks better than who we bought FFS.
Could he have partnered Laporte ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.