Pep's contract situation

This is the PL Marv. Fine margins decide games. Leicester are a very very good side, as are Wolves. There are no guaranteed walkovers and when you have an official, laughed at for never giving penalties award 3 to an away side at this level you are not winning the game, irrespective of going 1 up.

Its unheard of to get 3 penalties at home, never mind as an away side but here we are, at the Etihad, with Oliver who we seemingly lose a lot with when he is in charge and rather than not giving anything he gives Leicester 3 penalties.

Remarkable Jeff.

Its getting like sunday league where your own man runs the fucking line and you get away with everything such is the cheating on display. City players have to put up with it every week and it starts to hurt confidence as you are waiting to get shafted. You see Sterling and co pushed over in the box and nothing is ever given. "He goes down too easily" say Sky and the refs take that onboard and give nothing. "No enough in it for me" says Neville and the ref agrees yet its Vardy or Maddison and its a penalty, its contact, yes its soft but you cant dive in like that, its silly, what did the City player expect, penalty and you get the same posters on here trotting the shite out as well.

There are 2 sets of laws of the game in this country right now and we get the ones in which its an uphill battle to try and win a game despite being dominant and the far better side each week whilst others can be a bot off, a bit lucky, make arash tackle in the box, handball leading to a goal and well...........it doesn't matter because they end up winning anyway.
Nonsense. Look at the build up to the first penalty and the overload they force on the break and you find the real reason we got hammered on Sunday. We can either bury our heads in the sand and blame refs and VAR or face reality and do something about it. I am not sure Pep has got the motivation to tackle this for a host of possible reasons and I would expect an announcement about his future in the coming weeks if we continue in our current vein. Personally I would hate to see him leave under a cloud as this would taint his achievements over two amazing seasons. If he is leaving in May lets hope its in a blaze of glory.

He won't ever be sacked but I could see him walking .

We have a very big month coming up, anymore performances like Sunday and things will start to get heavy.
Pep's body language post game interview suggested he's a troubled soul right now. He has unfinished business here and I hope he stays to evolve the squad to winning stability and further success, but I wouldn't be shocked if he walked before the season is out if he cannot back to winning ways. Pep is under more pressure than ever to deliver us the CL and win back the league, and no manager is infallible to being sacked. We are in transition right now but Pep quitting or getting sacked will mean a period of instability, and those old enough to remember will remember the 80s and the 90s. the main difference is nowadays though is that we have money to buy top class players instead of has beens and never will be's of yesteryears.

But we cannot simply keep throwing money hoping for a quick fix solution,especially when we have young talents champing at the bit on the fringe of the first team squad. Time to rally the troops and give several youngsters more game time but it's not going to be an easy ride this season, especially when our main rivals have strengthened...

You don't leave players of the caliber of Silva, Bernardo and Mahrez on the bench in a quarter final of the Champions league against the 7th best team in France.
You don't pick a 18yr old CB at the heart of a weak defence and a 18yr old who 2 weeks earlier told one and all he no longer wanted to be at the club.
When you have one of the finest attacking sides in the world, why worry about the strengths of the 7th best team in France and leave a majority of our attacking players on the bench?
It was a monumental f@@k up by "the world greatest football coach" and it was not the first time he has done this, he had previous with Barca, Bayern and us once before.
The players on the pitch should have been more than enough to beat the "7th best team in France", Bernardo should have played I agree. Again though, the players fucked up as well. We missed golden chances and fucked up at the back, how much can Pep plan for that?

I agree on the Garcia point, he should be sold but if Stones cant get off the treatment table then what do we do.

Possibly the greatest manager we will ever have but I really think his time is up. if players bought performed better, less injuries & we seemed settled I could see him stay as he clearly likes the club. But he seems burnt out & so does our squad.

I hope this season is not a total disaster ie no top 4 because pep deserves better. I hope we get top 4 & get the team balance right for a new manager next year. We can’t let it all fizzle out.

I hope he signs a new deal. If people think it is bad now and a new manager will come in with a magic wand and fix things then you need reality check.

New manager with new players and tactics will take time something we are not willing to give pep.

He stood up for the club against Uefa.

He loves the club. Maybe not Barca love granted.

Set us up to play the best football since the formation of the premier league.

He has been significant in recruiting some of the best players to wear the shirt.

The credibility of the project was complete when he signed.

I could do this all day. If any blue wants him gone I am lost for words. Maybe we just want a bit of drama as winning was boring. We are more comfortable as a fan base being in the shit.

Last edited:
I hope he signs a new deal. If people think it is bad now and a new manager will come in with a magic wand and fix things then you need reality check.

New manager with new players and tactics will take time something we are not willing to give pep.

He stood up for the club against uefa.
He loves the club. Maybe not Barca love granted.

Set us up to play the best football since the formation of the premier league.

He had been significant in recruiting some of the best players to wear the shirt.

The credibility of the project was complete when he signed.

I could do this all day. If any blue wants him gone I am lost for words. Maybe we just want a drama as winning was boring. We are more comfortable as a fan base being in the shit.
Far too positive for bluemoon mate.

Take your woman and moan tablets.

As much as I among others think Pep may go and he's gone a little reserved and is making some brainfarts. Realistically who the bloody hell do we get in to replace him who plays a similar attacking quality style of football and not suffer an even further slide in form while the players acclimatise to a new system? There is no easy solution to all of this and we will have to suffer a slide in quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.