Pep's contract situation

Pep will be a success, fans need to be patient for god sake we have waited long enough for him. He has only been here since June and we all know he has inherited an ageing squad which needs an overhaul. Next season we will start to motor and Pep will have his own players who will be able to play how he wants.

What has slighty surprised me is the hate from other clubs fans in the Premiership for him. We all know following City is like going on the helter skelter..... enjoy the ride
Lo

Good post.

They were bitter and jealous to begin with and are now sticking the boot in when it suits.

This time next year they'll be bitter and jealous we've got him again.

The support has been the same since I started going as a 6yr old lad in 1974. The idea that Maine Rd was a seething, swaying bear pit, packed to the rafters with fans singing the team on is a myth. There were games when the atmosphere was genuinely electric (Boro League cup semi, a few games against Unitd, Liverpool) but, by and large, when the team played well, the crowd was upbeat and when they were poor, so was the crowd. And that’s the same for pretty much every single other team, bar the orchestrated shite at Palace (and the bundesliga). It’s the team that gets the crowd going. And it was exactly the same at Maine Rd; nothing to do with the move to the Etihad.

I agree mate MR was a morgue at times.

No different than any other club and that's a fact .

Back to Pep...

I can't believe there are actually City fans questioning the bloke?!

We had STUART PEARCE as manager not too long ago. Now we have PEP GUARDIOLA.

*In a heartbeat.

Pep wants to win, but he will make no apologies for doing it his way and if that includes the greatest player ever.

FFS, Ibrahimovic, is seven years older and we are constantly being told how that gypo has conquered the Premier League.

Messi pays for himself. I do think it would see Aguero or Silva gone though.

So be it...

The support has been the same since I started going as a 6yr old lad in 1974. The idea that Maine Rd was a seething, swaying bear pit, packed to the rafters with fans singing the team on is a myth. There were games when the atmosphere was genuinely electric (Boro League cup semi, a few games against Unitd, Liverpool) but, by and large, when the team played well, the crowd was upbeat and when they were poor, so was the crowd. And that’s the same for pretty much every single other team, bar the orchestrated shite at Palace (and the bundesliga). It’s the team that gets the crowd going. And it was exactly the same at Maine Rd; nothing to do with the move to the Etihad.

Great post fella.

I don't get leaving on 80 minutes either- it's perhaps the most tense part of the game if there's only a goal in it -or two with City.

The club is getting pelters from everywhere it seems , I just wish the club would engage with us more- Ferguson was a master at it- we could learn a lot from them and I hate saying that .

Bad results leave a bad taste for us all , it's our recovery that's important .

Again mate no hard feelings .

We have always had a hardcore of around 35,000 imo and that still stands today. The Etihad is increasingly a money making pit with the focus on tourists and corporate and that certainly isnt helping the atmosphere. Come kick off or just before and after half time all you can see is empty seats whilst they all go inside for whatever it is they have paid through the arse for and it looks fucking appalling and a mirror image of Wembley and the joke that place is with club Wembley seats.

It isnt ever going to change though and will only get worse and only a total rethink in the game as a whole, return to standing etc will see it possibly reversed in any meaningful way.

The best thing City could ever do is pay the police bill and just fuck showsec off and adopt the same stance for everyone and all sections and that is minimal policing/stewarding with them only getting involved if safety is an issue. fans have always stood and they always will. its conducive to singing, creating the much needed atmosphere and they have to admit they are getting it wrong and change tack. They do it for the away fans so its only fair they apply it to their own.

On the engagement aspect i was never all that bothered as i was caught up in the excitement that was the CFG etc etc but Ferran definitely needs to up his game with regards communication and if not him then Khaldoon needs to open up a bit more often imo. City fans couldn't give a monkeys about New York or Melbourne and when the wolves are at our doors, true leaders come to the fore and get everyone behind them and right now, some words from both or either or would be beneficial imo.

It ought to be funny but...

If Messi came within a week we would have a thread claiming he is shit, doesn't understand the PL, isnt physical enough, cant hack it when it gets cold etc etc.

An interesting piece and I will give my two penneth on it.

For the fan's who have done the hard yards, the old third division days and cock up and disappointment upon disappointment over those bleak years it probably goes a bit like this. We were taken over and suddenly became the richest club in the world. After years of winning nothing with the prospect of ever winning anything again almost zero, we now had a chance to compete on a level playing field. Our players and the standard of our football improved and we did actually win a few trophies, we were living the dream.....kind of. I will explain.

Everything appeared to be in place to dominate football in this country for the next ten to twenty years. Every pundit seemed to agree that we would and we couldn't wait. After years of watching the other lot pick up trophy after trophy and rubbing our noses in it we now had a taste of how it felt with the boot on the other foot and boy did it taste great! The problem is it hasn't happened. There are numerous reasons for this, a hostile media, FFP, every club getting millions just by being in the premier league, so being able to strengthen in a way they couldn't when the rags and dippers had it stitched up for years, with the champions league money ensuring they dominated the league. So in a bizarre way we felt cheated......cheated out of a golden period we anticipated we could enjoy and revel in.

Fast forward to today. For three years we have been preparing for arguably the greatest coach in world football. Surely this arrival, backed by the billions of the Sheik would now ensure the dream would come true........getting tonked 4-2 at Leicester and 4-0 at Everton, with a defence that appears non existent, a forward line that can't score and a keeper who seems invisible as every shot on target seems to end up in the back of our net has crushed all optimism, rightly or wrongly. All the demons of our shitty past are coming back to haunt us, ''Typical City, we will never be good enough, always be a laughing stock, also ran's!'' Thirty five years of mediocrity have left us mentally scarred whether we like to believe that or not and it doesn't take long for the self doubts to resurface. So for me it isn't 'Self entitlement' rather fear that no matter what we do we will contrive to cock it up just like the old days, that we are indeed cursed and ultimately doomed to fail. The majority of our fan's are still waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out and shout ''You've been framed!!!''

In a strange way it was easier being a City fan in the old days. We never expected to win anything so we went for the crack and were proud of our loyalty which was recognised throughout football. Our highlights were turning over the big boy's, especially the rags and a decent cup run. Our expectations were zero so anything resembling success was a bonus. I doubt any football fan totally enjoys following their club as the stress and fear of failure only dissipates when your team is 3-0 up with five minutes to go and coasting.

So we have all of the above added to the bullshit going on with showsec, the club not appearing to listen or discuss issues with fan's except for endless bloody survey's in the form of an e mail and we are where we are. We have always been a strange breed us Blues, we had to be or we wouldn't have stuck around so long. If we feel the club don't give a fuck about us, or even worse want us out to be replaced by a happy clapping spend more fan relishing the 'Matchday experience' it won't take much to tip us over the edge. So that part is a two way street too.

As for Pep I think he will get it right but I feel 'Backing his entire reputation and career' on doing the business for us is a bit OTT. Every manager does that in every job he takes on. He is being paid handsomely for doing so and backed by the richest owner in world football with some of the best facilities in the sport, he has to succeed surely?

When we sunk to the depth's of what was the old third division the club got down on bended knee pleading with us to to stick with them and we did, as we always would with or without the plea. It has been a while since as a fan base we think they feel the same about us anymore and this is creating division and unrest. It would just need some words from the chairman and/or manager to galvanise the whole club and fan base to unite again, as Blues we love nothing better than a ''It is us against the world'' cause, come on let's get back to where we were as a fan base and watch us take off!

I've been a season ticket holder since 1972 and the hardest thing about supporting City now is how shite some of our support is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.