Pep's contract situation

Not wishing pep away or anything but it will be interesting to see who is surplus to requirements when his successor comes in and who is used differently etc

I still see the situation more different as I think that the team in Munich offered more tactical possibilities to your team that often were decisive in the end. And Pep really used this possibilities even of some of the players weren't "his choice" of players.

When I watch your matches I do not see this tactical different plans. So your Plan A might even be better.

Our players end of the season 15/16 really were drained - you saw that at the Euros, too. After the four to five years before not really surprising. Not just because of Pep but we had a lot of injuries and the key players seldom had rests.
Players drained and a lot of injuries you say.....

I still see the situation more different as I think that the team in Munich offered more tactical possibilities to your team that often were decisive in the end. And Pep really used this possibilities even of some of the players weren't "his choice" of players.

When I watch your matches I do not see this tactical different plans. So your Plan A might even be better.

Our players end of the season 15/16 really were drained - you saw that at the Euros, too. After the four to five years before not really surprising. Not just because of Pep but we had a lot of injuries and the key players seldom had rests.
Isn’t hindsight a lovely thing because you guys were in denial he was leaving and to a man , you didn’t want him to leave.

Isn’t hindsight a lovely thing because you guys were in denial he was leaving and to a man , you didn’t want him to leave.

No. I did not want him to leave. We were playing a beautiful brand of football and the only thing that I really hated were his cautious approaches in the Champions League away matches. He had our team changing tactics and structures in seconds in the match and that usually worked out fine.

But you can analyze advantages and disadvantages, too. It is easier in retrospect. And easier when you have a manager like Flick who did wonders last season after two managers that did not match to this team at all. Tactically Pep wins - in manmanagement Flick does.

But right now I enjoy Aston Villa vs Liverpool...

No. I did not want him to leave. We were playing a beautiful brand of football and the only thing that I really hated were his cautious approaches in the Champions League away matches. He had our team changing tactics and structures in seconds in the match and that usually worked out fine.

But you can analyze advantages and disadvantages, too. It is easier in retrospect. And easier when you have a manager like Flick who did wonders last season after two managers that did not match to this team at all. Tactically Pep wins - in manmanagement Flick does.

But right now I enjoy Aston Villa vs Liverpool...
It wasn’t a dig at you at all.
cant believe it was nearly 5 years ago.

pep is sounded and looked beat down in his post match presser, think he'll take a break after the season. hes struggling for solutions on the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.