Pep's contract situation

It’s great that he’s so happy here, but he clearly wasn’t saying that he’ll actually stay for another ten years.
"could" and "would" are of course much less of an indication than "will". Hasn't stopped me smiling since yesterday, although to be honest the pre-match drinks have kicked off a bit earlier than usual

So whatever happens this season, the players are still committed to his vision of play, to such an extent for some that they sound like Pep in post-match stuff, you've got players like Foden who hasn't hit his prime yet, a striker to come in, the biggest challenges in football in the league you're in, and he's protected and loved by the club. He doesn't look to me like a man ready for the semi-retirement of international football, so what else is going to do?

I'd also say United getting Ten Hag is a good sign for Pep staying for a few more years.

Is Pep the only manager that faces constant questions about who’ll take over after him? He’s had it for years now, not even just in the last year of his contracts

Who’s the latest temporary interim substitute teacher rag manager who’s keeping the piss and whiskey stained scabby old seat warm this week?

It’s great that he’s so happy here, but he clearly wasn’t saying that he’ll actually stay for another ten years.

Correct but he also didn't rule it out. If he extends, it will be for a relatively short time and he may then repeat that trick again at the relevant juncture.

He plans to retire early to the sun and golf course and he can presumably afford to do that tomorrow, should he choose, and he won't over commit to any job.

I'd be more than delighted to hear that he had extended his current contract by 2 years.

If i'm not mistaken, Pep is now currently the longest serving Manager in the Premier League.

Who’s the latest temporary interim substitute teacher rag manager who’s keeping the piss and whiskey stained scabby old seat warm this week?
"Ladies & gentlmen, Please welcome your new manager Mr Eric Tent Peg, Eric has been one of the best managers in world football (well Ajax) for the past few years & I am sure he will continue the wonderful style of football he has shown at the many clubs he has managed (well Ajax),
Also I would like to say at this point how much he looks like Pep & this was one of the main reasons we decided to let him have a go at managing THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD (trade mark) for a few months at least"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.