Pep's contract situation

I think it's all a wind up to get the rest of the PL frothing in their knickers about Pep leaving then he'll wait to the charges are all thrown out and announce he's signed a three year extension on the same day.

That would be as good as winning the title if that actually happens!

Post-season speculation time commenced in January. Pre-season reasoning started around April. Over-analysis of each game and how Pep acted regularly. If Pep decides on another sabbatical, the media wins. If Pep decides to join Barca at the New Nou Camp, I'd not be upset. We've been blessed.

Charges? Not even part of his decision process. 5-in-a-row? Imagine being the Manager who boiled that much urine! I expect after some players get their holidays between Euro 2024/Copa America and the season, we'll have some fresh legs. Nobody at City wants to see a star leave, but Pep knows if a player is committed to us or out the door. He'll be as ruthless as error. I feel Pep will want to leave next season with a bang or, keep going, but for now, he, like us fans need a well-earned rest and switch off. Let the media do their thing.

I think some people in the club shared this with those journalists to deflect from the stupid discourse that was going on about a lot of players post FA Cup

It’s a lot of “Pep may leave but not definite” - well we know that, his contract is up end of next season!

IF the rumours are true, which is far from certain....

Lots of red cartel fans getting giddy, suggesting he's going cos he's deserting the sinking ship before the guilty verdict hits

However it could be exactly the opposite. Pep has always said he'll stay even if we are relegated to league two. So if the club and therefore Pep know 100% or have even been told, that we're getting cleared, he doesn't have to stick to this promise so the wheels have been put in motion for the sad but inevitable day he leaves

The rumours around the hearing is that it will conclude in Autumn and outcome announced soon afterwards. So Pep seeing out the end of his contract would mean him fronting up to the media after the hearing, regardless of the outcome. He could have walked away after the treble, or after a historic four league titles in a row, but he's determined to see out his contract, at a minimum. So its just more bollocks from the media as per.

They have been waiting for him to leave since the moment he arrived, exactly the same with Haaland. The charges just gives them license to make up their own headlines, which they have needed no encouragement in doing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.