Pep's Pet Project

Stones is the obvious choice right now, Sterling is probably just another player who he will bring the best out of, same as he will with everyone, but Stones is in a position that's so important to the Pep system that he's going to need huge amounts of coaching to reach that level of perfection Guardiola demands, so it follows that he's gonna get a lot of 1on1 time.

Also I think Aleix Garcia is a good shout. Busquets, Hojbjerg and Kimmich were all defensive midfielders that Pep took a shine to - stands to reason that he sees a bit of his old self in these players and as it's the position he knows best himself, it's the one he can really teach to these young players. Garcia is in the same position and his rare passing talent is something Pep will latch onto.

He certainly has the choice with all our talents: Sterling, Stones, Kelechi, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Zinchenco, Maffeo, Angelino ....

Not sure you can call the likes of Stones/Sterling/Sane etc pet projects they're already top class players that just need direction. It will be somebody from the acaademy if anybody but tbh i don't think we've really got anybody in the squad right now that fits this mould. Maybe Fernandinho purely in the sense that i think we'll see him play numerous roles throughout the Pep era. Kolarov arguably too although i suspect he'll only be playing centre back when we're struggling for numbers there.

He'll have a handful of projects here. Stones, Sterling, Jesus, Moreno and Sane all have the talent to become superstars.

Patrick Roberts the English Messi. I am looking forward to seeing how far Pep can take Fernandinho in this team, you can tell he rates him very highly but it wont come as a surprise to many Blues.

There will be more than one player he will, so called "take under his wing", those being Stones, Sterling, Jesus, Sane and Kelechi.....

If I had to pick one I'd say Sterling though, based on if he can reach his peak he will become and unbelievable player.

He might decide to take a youngster who has all the potential in the world (Sterling or Stones for example), as well as looking at a more seasoned pro who just needs a little tweak to take his game up to the next level (Kolorov or Dhino for example).

He might see that as a good challenge for himself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.