Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

A good question to consider. I do recall our refs being regarded as better at dealing with simulation. Plus, not many occasions that English teams or the national team have been involved in big finals!

Yes, fair point that, about our lack of involvement ;-)

Yes, fair point that, about our lack of involvement ;-)
When I have seen English refs in international games they have tended to be all right. There are not nearly as many of those decisions that can only be bent or incompetent. In the PL these kind of decisions happen in almost every game, and it is obvious that there is a certain trend about all these controversial decisions.

I thought the EXACT opposite.

I thought he actually gets it today. And he wasn't afraid to get his point across. I suspect he came to England thinking, with the best will in the world, that the English game was different stylistically but ultimately decent and fair. I think he's realised a while ago that that is bollovks and we have one of the most institutionally racist and corrupt professional sports leagues anywhere in the world.

Days like today tell me he actually is here for the term because he cares and ive thought the opposite recently. Until today in fact.

It was great to see him so angry and combative. He will I'm sure convert this anger into a siege mentality with the squad.

I can't wait to stick it down these bastards throats. They can't wait to suggest Pep has been bested by geniuses such as Pulis/Dyche/Bruce.

I was proud of him today.

My thoughts exactly. I was beginning to fall into the trap of doubting Pep, but not now. I'm hundred percent behind him. Fuck the lot of them.

He's frustrated because he is clearly seeing the referees and media judge City differently to other teams. Referees are supposed to be impartial but there are far to many instances this season where they have tried to screw us over.

Nolito gets banned for a petulant slight headbutt. Fabregas gets away with slapping Fernandinho in the face.

Aguero gets a retrospective ban against West Ham. Vertonghan and Ibrahimovic both escape retrospective action for violent conduct.

The referees choose when to apply the laws of the game. Look at the statistics over the last 3 seasons. Our foul to yellow card ratio compared to our opponents is staggering.

Lee Mason can happily allow help from the 4th official to send off Fernandinho, but Anthony Taylor cannot wait to dismiss Aguero's claim for a foul when Luiz should have been sent off.

We put a dominant 2nd half performance in against Arsenal and the media focus on the legitimacy is the goals, whereas United score two offside goals which were far more blatant than ours and the media narrative is totally different.

Klopp constantly screams and waves at the crowd at Anfield to make more noise and that is seen as passion. Pep does it and it's seen as a dig at our fans.

Pep is finally calling the FA and media out for what they are and every City fan should get behind him. We all know they're biased and bent and we have a gaffa who will fight the cause.
Well said, mate.

As some of you may have gathered from the things I have written since Pep took over I was not in the he is a God/Messiah brigade and said I would wait until the end of the season before I made up my mind.

WELL THE FLAMING BRITISH MEDIA HAVE MADE UP MY MIND!!! I AM 100% BEHIND PEP GUARDIOLA BECAUSE THEY DO NOT PICK ON SOMEONE FROM MY CLUB, MANCHESTER CITY, AND GET AWAY WITH IT THE PEOPLE WITHOUT A FATHER!!!!

Sorry, shouting over, but start on anyone from my club, outside of this forum where you are allowed an opinion, and you get the wrath of Eccles Blue and boy do I do wrath well. And I don't swear as you may have noticed in that rant!!!!
Totally this
We've got to get behind him the players and use this as a catalyst, I'd love to look back in a few years on this game and interview and think this is when we really woke up and marched on

He's frustrated because he is clearly seeing the referees and media judge City differently to other teams. Referees are supposed to be impartial but there are far to many instances this season where they have tried to screw us over.

Nolito gets banned for a petulant slight headbutt. Fabregas gets away with slapping Fernandinho in the face.

Aguero gets a retrospective ban against West Ham. Vertonghan and Ibrahimovic both escape retrospective action for violent conduct.

The referees choose when to apply the laws of the game. Look at the statistics over the last 3 seasons. Our foul to yellow card ratio compared to our opponents is staggering.

Lee Mason can happily allow help from the 4th official to send off Fernandinho, but Anthony Taylor cannot wait to dismiss Aguero's claim for a foul when Luiz should have been sent off.

We put a dominant 2nd half performance in against Arsenal and the media focus on the legitimacy is the goals, whereas United score two offside goals which were far more blatant than ours and the media narrative is totally different.

Klopp constantly screams and waves at the crowd at Anfield to make more noise and that is seen as passion. Pep does it and it's seen as a dig at our fans.

Pep is finally calling the FA and media out for what they are and every City fan should get behind him. We all know they're biased and bent and we have a gaffa who will fight the cause.
Great post.

Why is there more unpredictability in the PL?

Different business model vs Spain where top 2 have their own tv contracts and therefore super-high relative revenues?
Dont know how France and Germany allocate their tv revenue tbh
Here we seem to have 6 or 7 teams genuinely vying for 4 champions league spots

Storm in a tea cup. He just said fuck you to the press and the same to referees and everyone else who slags the club off. I'm quite proud of him for it, it shows he cares and I expect us to be better because of it.

It's probably come as a shock to him. He played the vast majority of his career in Barcelona and managed them as well as Bayern - it's fair to say they get the rub of the green, he's probably used to it.

Then he turns up here, puts the first few months down to whatever but following the Chelsea and Burnley game, it has dawned on him they City have different rules to Bayern and Barca, as well as other Premier League teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.