Pep's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen this posted elsewhere yet - apologies if so.

Here is an amazing, in depth analysis of our tactics last season and what Pep will want to change.

Previewing Pep Guardiola's Manchester City reign

Really interesting, thanks. Fleshes out a number of the glaring problems we had last season - lack of movement and urgency, lack of 'compactness', inability to keep a high defensive line, inability/unwillingness to press, limitations of Fernando and Toure etc..
Also hard not to be excited reading it - yes, there may well be teething problems, but fuck me, imagine how good we could be if he gets it right ...

Seems hit and hope to me tbh so far, the last lad seemed to have more of a plan.

Really interesting, thanks. Fleshes out a number of the glaring problems we had last season - lack of movement and urgency, lack of 'compactness', inability to keep a high defensive line, inability/unwillingness to press, limitations of Fernando and Toure etc..
Also hard not to be excited reading it - yes, there may well be teething problems, but fuck me, imagine how good we could be if he gets it right ...
I know, it makes good reading!

I've not seen this posted elsewhere yet - apologies if so.

Here is an amazing, in depth analysis of our tactics last season and what Pep will want to change.

Previewing Pep Guardiola's Manchester City reign

Thanks for posting this, really interesting article. In particular the focus on where we went wrong defensively and tactically last season.

The OPTA stats regarding average speed of attacks were eye opening too!

Hope we dont allow Moyes to 'hem' us in. Watching Arsenal box us in as far back as our own corner flag was painful. Arsenal were gifted lots of opportunities from our willingness to over do it on our own 18 yard line. If we need in excess of 10 passes to reach the half way line we must be doing things wrong.

Hope we dont allow Moyes to 'hem' us in. Watching Arsenal box us in as far back as our own corner flag was painful. Arsenal were gifted lots of opportunities from our willingness to over do it on our own 18 yard line. If we need in excess of 10 passes to reach the half way line we must be doing things wrong.

Because Gollum has had a great record against us since he left our Bogey team and really improved as a manager. He couldn't handle passing football in Spain with a far superior side to Sunderland.

However with the ball I don't think we look anything like a pep team yet. His teams always have at least 2 or 3 pass options, always. I thought yesterday we mostly had just 1 option, sometimes 2 and we're very predictable with our build up play.

the lack of options leads to misplaced passes and losing possession in dangerous areas, the movement "off the ball" needs addressing.
It's unthinkable that Pep will allow the situation to carry on, it is virtually a trade-mark of his teams,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.