Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be really interesting to see his approach as there is a big rebuilding job needed here

At Barca he had the core of the best Spanish team ever already in place ,along with the greatest player of all time

At Bayern he had a treble winning machine who had preeminence in their own league

We have arguably the best squad in the league but one where a few of its biggest stars have question marks

Toure , too old and his legs have gone
Kompany , can't stay fit
Aguero , absolutely class but fragile
Silva , again world class but the wrong side of thirty

Can Pep get more out of our current squad ? Will we need wholesale changes, will he use the academy?

On paper we need

2 new fullbacks, could he use Angelino / mafeo here ? Zaba and Clichy as first choice ?
1 world class centre half , stones has potential but isn't world class
1 world class centre mid / defensive mid , pogba would be my choice here , could get him now?
1 world class forward who can play wide or through the middle , Neymar would be my choice but very hard to get

About 350 million worth of talent. I always like your optimism.

Haha! In fairness though I think the following will go:

Yaya
Navas
Bony
Fernando
Kolarov
Sagna
MDM

Lots of big wages there and I can imagine huge new sponsorship deals being announced soon or in the summer and that Chinese investment lying around? ;-)

I think we will see him get more out of some of our players.

I can see Kelechi really coming on under him (although credit to Pellegrini for doing a good job with him so far).

I can't see Bony having any place in a Pep side and I would think Mangala might struggle simply because he is not very composed on the ball. Fernando may struggle too due to his very limited passing ability.

My guess would be 6 out and 4/5 in with Denayer being recalled.

The 6 out being

Demichellis
Mangala
Kolorov or Clichy
Fernando
Toure
Bony

I didn't personally think Yaya was destined for another season anyway, regardless who the manager was, but it's virtually certain that he won't be with us next season now. Pogba would be a very good replacement.

I think we will be surpirsed. Rumours linking ander herrera....he will pick players to suit ghis system above all, no big names for the sake of it. I expect he had a hand i kdb and sterling joining already. Id love pogba but im bit expecting a raft of big names to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.