Pep's yellow card accumulation - possible targeting by PL PGMOL

Never really looked at it before but when he got booked at the weekend he didn’t seem to do anything but have a passionate chat not his or other managers regular jumping up and down or waving arms ref went straight over to book him. How do they even know what’s going on so quick when they don’t for anything else no warning unlike on field

Anthony Taylor wasn't it?

I know he was suspended when he got his 3rd yellow for the wolves game from being on the touch line and he picked up another yellow yesterday.

How many yellows is it for him to get suspended again per the rules now?

I don't know since they keep making up rules as they go along..

View attachment 102928

View attachment 102929
Pep is in the zone of extraordinary brilliance, everybody else must gnash their teeth and scream 115 115 for 10 minutes.

I know he was suspended when he got his 3rd yellow for the wolves game from being on the touch line and he picked up another yellow yesterday.

How many yellows is it for him to get suspended again per the rules now?

I don't know since they keep making up rules as they go along..

View attachment 102928

View attachment 102929
Have the Complete Calvin & Hobbes Box Set. What a brilliant cartoonist! And, he never licensed or marketed their likenesses for merchandising…even if you do see “Calvin pissing on…” stickers on truck back windows all the time in the States!

Have the Complete Calvin & Hobbes Box Set. What a brilliant cartoonist! And, he never licensed or marketed their likenesses for merchandising…even if you do see “Calvin pissing on…” stickers on truck back windows all the time in the States!
Bill Waterson didn’t even do interviews.
He communicated a bit with his fellow cartoonists Gary Trudeau (Doonesbury), Berkley Breathed (Bloom County), but kept himself very private - and still does.
I have a vague recollection that he sometimes went incognito into bookshops, and signed his own books, before putting them back on the shelves.
After X years, iirc he felt Calvin had run its course, the limited range of characters, despite his in-depth and brilliant use of drawing and dialogue , was an issue. Calvin, Hobbes, mum, dad, teacher, moe, susie and uncle - I can’t remember anyone else.

He isn't being targeted, he is an emotional man on the touch line, so is open to this silly yellow card for managers nonsense.

Notice the manangers that are vocal are top of the group, Pep, DeZebri, Arteta, Klopp, while we are on it we are 3rd bottom of the 20 teams in yellow cards for players with only 34 issued this season, though it is telling the 3 teams with the least bookings are the 3 teams at the top of the prem.

Maybe the old the top 6 get favoured more saying is true and we, like every other fanbase think we are targeted by refs where we aren't it's just the refs are shite

Last edited:
It's the forward backing into the defender foul that gets me, every single time there's a ball pumped up field by the opposition they get a free kick and a lot of times a booking for our defender.
Does my nut in as it dosent happen in anyone else's games, and when haaland does it it usually ends up being a free kick to the opposition
Great point. They used to call it "making a back" for the defender so he couldn't jump for the ball and a free kick. There was a ridiculous case in the United game v Villa where that Hojlund laditerally left the ball stationary drove the defender 5/ 10 yards back and still got the free kick. Was like a rolling maul in rugby. Erling on the other hand can scarcely remember him getting a free kick.

Last edited:
Great point. They used to call it "making a back" for the defender so he couldn't jump for the ball and a free kick. There was a ridiculous case in the United game v Villa where that Hojlund laditerally left the ball stationary drove the defender 5/ 10 yards back and still got the free kick. Was like a rolling maul in rugby. Erling on the other hand can scarcely remember him getting a free kick.

Don't forget last season away at anfield.. every foul was let go (even the kick to Erling's balls) except the soft tackle that led to Phil's goal but it was chalked off and we lost the game due to an all time highlight reel for Salah.

Forget Pep. Can we get back to talking about Calvin & Hobbs please.
@JASR to me it was never intended for children. It was very clever humour. From your description Waterson sounds very much a private person, almost a troubled soul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.