Perspective: Pearce - March 2005-May 2007

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
I just remember the long diagonal ball to Trevor Sinclair's head on the right wing. hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag.
Plan B was a long diagonal ball to Ishmael Miller's head on the left wing.

Lots of 0-0 draw's on a Monday night in the pouring rain and refusing to criticise the referee, even when he had every justification. Noble when it's another team, but infuriating when you've just been cheated at Doncaster.
Fucking hell thats brought back some memories lol

You notice the same tactics he deployed with us when watching England u-21s or the Olympic team. He just isn't good enough and if the FA had any sense they should relieve him of his duties and start again from scratch.

DaveH said:
He worked with what he had, which wasn't a great deal of good players.
Without Taksin coming in we would of been down and out like Portsmouth. Thats how fine the line is between success and failure.

Remember when we up in arms because Joey Barton put in a transfer request
I remember chesterfield away in the cup when distin was offering fans out at the end. Bad times.

I always found it ironic that his spell began with a gutsy 2-1 loss at Spuds and that's also how his reign ended. Barring the odd spark it was just a horrible time for the club, everything felt stale considering the fightback from the darkdays of the late 90's. Keegan's exhuberance left us potless and Pearce was the wrong man for the job full stop. Corradi was shit but I'll never forget when, during the 3-1 Derby loss at the Swamp in 06/07, he should've had a penalty and instead of Pearce keeping it behind closed doors or sticking up for HIS signing, he slaughtered him in public. It just smacked of shit man-management, and don't get me started on that fucking horse!

greasedupdeafguy said:
I just remember the long diagonal ball to Trevor Sinclair's head on the right wing. hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag.

Lots of 0-0 draw's on a Monday night in the pouring rain and refusing to criticise the referee, even when he had every justification. Noble when it's another team, but infuriating when you've just been cheated at Doncaster.

Didn't we beat Arsenal 1 - 0 doing that diagonal to Sinclair with a ropey penalty? Terry Henry with a shocker of a game.

Brendan110_0 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Didn't we beat Arsenal 1 - 0 doing that diagonal to Sinclair with a ropey penalty? Terry Henry with a shocker of a game.

Aye, the same day Lancs got beat in the One-Day final by Sussex (off-topic I know). One of the very few positive moments during that season.

Brendan110_0 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Something about Swallows and Summers

Very good read. I back Pearce. Not the best manager of the world but gets far too much stick on here. Had a difficult job to do with a very low budget and kept us up albeit playing some very poor football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.