Perspective.

2 wins and a draw to Ajax and Madrid would give us 8 pts

Madrid to win 1 and draw 1 v Dortmund would give them 10 pts and Dortmund 5 pts

Assume Dortmund beat Ajax and they'd have 8 pts with us to play

Game on..... But must not lose next match or we'll need snookers

The fat lady is nowhere near ready to sing yet

Marvin said:
Ray78 said:
It depends on how Dortmund will do in their both matches against Real Madrid.
And Ajax. Unfortunately Real Madrid may think that they have all but qualified now

I can see Dortmund beating Real Madrid too. They are a very good team. They worked really hard, and have a lot of good technique.

The group is open because everyone is strong and every game will be difficult

We are lucky that Dortmund have Madrid twice now as madrid will want to seal this group as soon as possible. If we win both our Ajax games (big if) we could be 2/3 points clear of Dortmund. It will make the last game an all to play for whatever happens in the madrid home game. We need to raise or game dramatically though.

Lordeffingham said:
Perspective:
We are currently playing worse than I've seen us play for years, and this years group is stronger than last years, so I believe we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of going through.

Even being daft enough to dream of back to back wins v Ajax, with Dortmund getting beat twice by Real, means if Dortmund then beat us and Ajax, even our beating Real Madrid (which would be ridiculous), wouldn't be enough.

Also after getting relocated and drenched at last weeks cup fiasco and then sitting through tonights display, I wouldn't actually fancy us to get a point against Bury at the moment!

To say I'm demoralised in a very slight understatement!

We are currently playing worse than I've seen us play a year. I corrected you there mate

What a game Joe Hart had as always, without him it would have been very ugly indeed although I thought first half we played well. Should have buried the Nasri chance on 30seconds?? and the Silva chance should have gone in when he spooned it over..

I think dortmund will be very disappointed with the result, they were a quality side, better than most ive seen played at our ground, no team I can remember has come to us and played like they did tonight.

As much as i dont like Mario, there is not a single person I would want more in that situation that him, the man is a penalty genius, easily the best in the world.

mancity dan said:
Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

We won't get 10 points out of this group, I have the faith, unfortunately me thinks Mancini persisting with this 3 at the back melarky hoping it will work, when it clearly doesn't. I assume everyone saw us switch back to a flat back four when we brought Ballotelli on.

If we do beat Ajax twice we will go to Dortmund with them under pressure if Real Madrid have beat them twice and I believe we will do em!

mancity dan said:
Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

Six points from Ajax seems a fair possibility but I can't see that the Germans will play any less well than they did last night and Joe'll need another performance. Moroninho will not bring a weakened side even if they have qualified - he will want to get one over on Mancini, again. It's cycling up the Stelvio with a one gear bike!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.