PES 2011 - Manchester City

ono said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
Pro has gone so arcadey its like there's no skill behind the game anyone can pick it up and play it. It's too easy and the passing/shooting is wank. I use to love Pro but recently its been shit and I moved back to FIFA and don't regreat it.
Not understanding how you can dislike Pro Evo for being arcadey yet you seemingly love Fifa...

I like to play a game that has a certain skil one you have to have played to understand how to win. Not one where my mate who never has played a video game in his life could pick it up and whoop me 5-0. That kind of arcadey.

pro evo on the wii - now that is a football game! - ignoring the graphics and the team names of course.....

gmtx said:
gmtx said:
It's just a shame FIFA fans are so obsessed with licenses and transfers and proper names that they overlook the fact that the actual gameplay on their beloved title is fooking shite.

adamgregory said:
I only ever played one PES and I had bad experiences with it, Manchester Blue v West London Blue and the mickey mouse names what was that all about, Alan Shears and the likes. Is the new one still the same or do they have licenses for real club names now?

I rest my case
Correct 5 years ago. But not any more love. I swapped across last year. FIFA is the better game for gameplay.

obviously a matter of opinion. I have been a pes lad forever but last year i went for fifa. Got both demo's and i thought the new PES was the better game so i've plumped for that and dont regret it.

Virtual pro? is that the same as become a legend in Pes? i think it is. Plus nothing comes close to master league online in PES. Great addition.

My mate went for FIFA 11 since he prefers the fifa series but he traded it in last friday cause he wasnt impressed. He has pro evo now and loves it.

How can you say its arcadey?? I admit that the presentation is and the menu's but thats japanese for you. The gameplay definitely isnt! it requires much more skill than fifa and not every player plays like messi.

gmtx said:
gmtx said:
It's just a shame FIFA fans are so obsessed with licenses and transfers and proper names that they overlook the fact that the actual gameplay on their beloved title is fooking shite.

adamgregory said:
I only ever played one PES and I had bad experiences with it, Manchester Blue v West London Blue and the mickey mouse names what was that all about, Alan Shears and the likes. Is the new one still the same or do they have licenses for real club names now?

I rest my case

look at the pro evo Fan Boy. Why you winding yourself up into a frenzy over a football game? fuck Fifa & Pro Evo, I only bought Fifa to get me through to November 5th for GT5

My pes now is basically fully licensed. If you have a ps3 it's so easy to download an option file and copy and paste it.

I haven't play the Fifa yet, but trying PES 11, the camera dynamics makes it feel like a real game. There is more emphasis on the through passes.

Captain Oats said:
obviously a matter of opinion. I have been a pes lad forever but last year i went for fifa. Got both demo's and i thought the new PES was the better game so i've plumped for that and dont regret it.

Virtual pro? is that the same as become a legend in Pes? i think it is. Plus nothing comes close to master league online in PES. Great addition.

My mate went for FIFA 11 since he prefers the fifa series but he traded it in last friday cause he wasnt impressed. He has pro evo now and loves it.

How can you say its arcadey?? I admit that the presentation is and the menu's but thats japanese for you. The gameplay definitely isnt! it requires much more skill than fifa and not every player plays like messi.
I had a game of Fifa last night on the PS3 while my PC was running a scan. I played Barca vs Lyon on Professional with Semi passing and manual shooting.

I can't get my head round the ball physics whatsoever. The ball sort of bobbles along and then seems to randomly pick up speed. The game is far too fast and the Ai pressure is still far too strong. The players seem to float above the pitch, and the players respond ridiculously fast, when you control them. Like there is no friction on the pitch. Those are the issues that make it arcadey.

On the plus side, i do like shooting on it. The keepers are very good aswell. It would be half decent if it ws a lot slower and there was less pressure.

It just all feels rushed when you play. Fifa 09 was the best Fifa imo. 08 was also very good but i didn't play it so much. Since Rutter has come in, it seems to be going into a kiddie pleasing arcade fest. The thing is, it sells, so you can't really argue with that.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:27 am --<br /><br />
C1TY4LIFE said:
ono said:
Not understanding how you can dislike Pro Evo for being arcadey yet you seemingly love Fifa...

I like to play a game that has a certain skil one you have to have played to understand how to win. Not one where my mate who never has played a video game in his life could pick it up and whoop me 5-0. That kind of arcadey.
Sorry but i can't quite believe that a guy who has never played a video game in his life can instantly pick up a game that you play and beat you 5-0 on it. That doesn't make the game arcadey. That makes you terrible at it. Haha.

My laser is fucked on my PS3 so can't play fifa. I downloaded the PES demo last night for a few games to see what it's like and it's so different to fifa it's scary. The crossing on it was great, and powering headers. The shooting was hard, but i scored a screamer with Iniesta. The players run really slow though, and there's no tricks to use to beat a man, you have to pass it round people all the time.

I like fifa, but pro evo wasn't a bad game considering it was a demo. I'm gonna have another go tonight, see if i can get used to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.