Pet Hates on the road!

bobmcfc said:
Mustard Dave said:
bobmcfc said:
You are joking ? You have to be right ?

Why would I be? Where is the sense in leaving a lane empty instead of using all the available space and merging in turn when the lane actually closes?

It's called pushing in ! It's not a welcome invitation to infuriate other road users and make their journey longer. Just saying

And that is the problem - it isn't pushing in. It is merely merging later, with the benefit of reducing the length of the tailback by the length of the queue of single file traffic to the actual lane closure. Here is a pretty picture of how others do it:

merge.jpg

If you take all the vehicles in the right hand lane and put them behind those on the left, you will see why moving over too early actually has a worse effect.

Mustard Dave said:
bobmcfc said:
Mustard Dave said:
Why would I be? Where is the sense in leaving a lane empty instead of using all the available space and merging in turn when the lane actually closes?

It's called pushing in ! It's not a welcome invitation to infuriate other road users and make their journey longer. Just saying

And that is the problem - it isn't pushing in. It is merely merging later, with the benefit of reducing the length of the tailback by the length of the queue of single file traffic to the actual lane closure. Here is a pretty picture of how others do it:

merge.jpg

If you take all the vehicles in the right hand lane and put them behind those on the left, you will see why moving over too early actually has a worse effect.

Oh lord, you actually have a diagram

bobmcfc said:
Mustard Dave said:
bobmcfc said:
You are joking ? You have to be right ?

Women drivers eh?

Traffic lights on a roundabout, whoever thought this was a good idea is an utter bellend.

Pelly Greeny said:
Loukas said:
Cyclists who Cycles in the middle of the road or on country lanes.

People who drive in the fast lane of the motorway at 70mph.

People who slam on breaks for speed cameras facing the other way.

Women on the school run in their people carriers.

Learners driving between 8-9:00 am.

And finally, the sheer number of d*ck heads who think its acceptable to park across my drive!! :@

Anyone care to comment on that?

Donning my ADI badge (really) and a nasal-sounding trainspotter's voice, I'd suggest that, actually, Sirs and Sir-esses, there's no damn thing called the "fast" lane. Unless of course you drive a company owned BMW, Audi, or Mercedes (or, indeed, vans), in which case and quite rightly so, there are no rules to observe except those which dictate you get everywhere on time and in as much of a hurry as you can because your work-based appointments are so much more fucking important than anybody elses.

Indeed, on motorways, we can call them either lanes 1, 2, and 3, and even 4 in areas more voluminous in traffic weight, or we can call them the normal driving, normal driving and overtaking, and overtaking only lanes.

Will that do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.