Peter Crouch

jesus christ. people saying peter crouch is shit are so utterly clueless, no he's not the best striker in the premiership but he isnt shit either.

of course he isnt single handedly going to take us to 'the next level'. THERE WILL BE OTHER SIGNINGS AS WELL!

Ghost in my house said:
Robanompivenov said:
Ghost in my house said:
Robanompivenov said:
Can people stop with this utter shite about signing Peter Crouch, if that lanky streak off piss is the height of our ambitions then we are in trouble! Bellamy and Crouch? Champions League here we come *thumbs down*
OK football genius, why would signing Crouch be an indication of the ambition we would hope to achieve?
Is it not just possible that Crouch would be bought to strengthen the squad along with other, more highly rated players?
I sometimes wonder if folk on here are more concerned about the potential ribbing you would get from your rags mates if any signing is less than Jesus Christ as opposed to actually understanding the use of a strong squad in the modern day game.

"Football genius" here.....Champions League is a showcase of some of the best footballers in the world on the highest stage (cue some smart arse naming a list of terrible champions league players), most of the teams there include these kinds of players and need to to be successful! Do you really think we can get there with that front line?! If you do you're a idiot!

Where in my previous post does it hint or mention anything to do with me getting a ribbing from my "rag mates"?! Thats the only thing you said correctly in your post, the fact that most of my mates are rags. But I have had to put up with them taking the piss out of me for far FAR worse than Peter Crouch. If we want to get where we are going then we need to sign players that are going to improve our first team and not just another average back up! That's the whole point bellend! Why sign someone to be a bit part player! That is why we need to sign people that can set the league alight, can wow our fans, scare the shit out of our opposition and MOST importantly score 20 fucking league goals a season! A few facts for you......over the past 5 seasons Crouch's league goals read......12, 8, 9, 5, 10! His career average is over 1 in 3! Sign him up...."genius"!

As for Jesus Christ, sign the man up, but I thought the "Messiah" was only ever hired by Newcastle!?!?
I hear what you're saying bro, but I feel that the boss will be making signings to evolve the squad, not revolutionise it.

My guess….MH will want 3 strikers - 1) a marquee signing (a la David Villa, 2) a promising striker to grow with the squad, and 3) experienced Prem striker (this is where Crouch fits in)

No matter how much money we have, we cannot/will not go out and buy 3 strikers like Villa, Eto'o & Aguero - it's impractical and the pitfalls of doing this are obvious.

I can't agree with you that Crouch would be "an average back-up". I think he has many attributes that would make him a valuable back-up: Instant option to change the play; provides the ability to expose an inexperienced defender; and I also think that the lad is intelligent enough to understand that he won't be first choice most weeks.

You say, "why sign someone to be a bit part player" - It's a squad game and many players are now "bit part players", are they not? If we do get into the Europa, do you not think that it's wise to have strong "bit part players" with the prospect of an additional 19 games looming rather than relying on the likes of Ched like we had to for much our UEFA campaign?

1 in 3 isn't a bad return. And you have to admit, being a striker isn't all about scoring goals.

I dont think we need 3 strikers, nor did I once say we would go out and buy 3 superstars! What we do need are prolific strikers, and Crouch certainly does not fit the bill! I didnt say that Crouch was shit, I just don't think he will be able to lift us to the place that WE ALL have visions of being! I want Champions League football and silverwear more than anyone and if you guys think that Crouch and Bellamy is the way to go then you're going to be disappointed! Not only do I not want him, I don't think we will go for him! All this bollocks is rumour and hearsay. He just isn't good enough to be playing for us, I think he has found his level at Pompey!

You say you can't argue with me that he'd be an average back up but that he'd be a valuable backup! Your arguement is immediately flawed in 2 ways! firstly, top teams don't buy back ups.....they buy players that are better than the players they have, not someone to be a reserve! The only time you do that is with young players with potential! Therefore they come into your first team and push your current starters out and then the cycle should continue! Secondly, Crouchinho isn't going to come and be a squad player! He had enough of that at the scousers and has finaly found a team that he get regular football for!

Finally, I said he had a strike of OVER 1 in 3, that my friend is a bad return for a premiership striker! 2 of his highest scoring seasons were in the championship, says it all really!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.