Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

He said our first goal was cute...fucking cute!!!
That struck me too. Cute? A goal isn't fuckin cute, it's either fantastic or amazing. He's a busted flush now, it's too frequent with us now to be just the odd remark, it's black and white now, no excuses anymore.
Gary Neville is ex utd and a utd fan. Openly admits it. Took some stick and still gets it but his commentating is on another level compared to Mr monotone.
Tyler spoils the game for me. No need for it.

this covers it 100% - shall we close the thread now?

The common taters - I agree need to show a level of impartiality, however this twunt sounds like he has put his finger through the last bit of loo roll. Bias maybe, and there has been some terrific sides but what we are watching now is amazing, possibly never seen before - of course lots of teams have their moments but not sustained like us - the commentary unfortunately is not reflective of what is happening

He sounded almost funereal last night, as City were scoring goals of breath taking quality. It does my head in. Much better commentary elsewhere, like this:

He’s a company man employed to do his paymaster’s bidding. In my opinion that is to identify the team with the largest fanbase, or in our case a team that might be perceived as unpopular with fans of other clubs with large fanbases, and to temper his narrative accordingly. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him greet any City goal against the rags, the dippers or the gooners, in anything other than monosyllabic, matter of fact, tones. It’s pretty much the approach BT Sport took to its CL coverage 2 years ago where they quite clearly set out there stall in the hope we would lose our games, on the basis that there would be more fans of our immediate rivals watching and hoping we’d lose than there would be City fans watching hoping we’d win.
As always money is the motivator.

The Agueroooooo moment notwithstanding, which was so dramatic that to have greeted it in his usual funereal tone would have left him looking foolish (not to mention the fact that it represented a shot at commentating immortality for him - his very own gift-wrapped “there’s people on the pitch” moment), he will never greet a City goal with a “Countinhooooooo”, “Martiaaaaaaal” or “Roooooooooney” type scream.
Against Arsenal his general rhetoric was fairly complimentary, but in terms of conveying a sense of excitement (or not, when it’s us putting the ball in the net), it was simply business as usual and indeed just business

Only took him until 5 seconds after the kick-off to mention the rags today.

What the fuck was that “Premier League won’t allow it.” Comment he made during a discussion on city domination?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.