Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I watched the game and listened to the commentary and they were both just doing their jobs, commentating on the game in a reasonable manner.

Honest to god, some of your lives would be better if you let go the paranoia.

They're not paid to spend the 90 minutes sooking up to us. Be honest, how many of us spend the 90 minutes watching a City game on the telly spouting nothing but unending praise for the boys in blue? I thought they were pretty fair on Tuesday night overall and gave praise in the 2nd half where praise was due.

I think there is a definite bias towards United rather than an agenda against their rivals. We need to accept that all the commercial media are going to fawn over United because there is no doubt that they have by far the greatest number of plastic fans worldwide, sitting in their 'Nited shirts watching the telly from Bangkok to China and back again via most of the South of England.

Just look at the BBC football site this morning - there were 5 links to pro -United stories that could have been (probably were) written by the United PR Department. At most there was one or occasionally about other major clubs and the headlines were negative as often as positive.

Fans of all other clubs may as well just grin and bear, it's not going to change any time soon.

Bazzmand Show said:
Tyler has always been overrated.

Nearly had a fucking brain annurism when that Sunderland bloke scored the last minute winner against us.
When Federico Macheda scored for United versus Villa they had to get the crash team in to resuscitate Tyler from the resultant heart attack and it's rumoured that £400,000 worth of studio recording equipment was damaged by the pints of semen Tyler erupted everywhere

cavendishblue said:
I think there is a definite bias towards United rather than an agenda against their rivals. We need to accept that all the commercial media are going to fawn over United because there is no doubt that they have by far the greatest number of plastic fans worldwide, sitting in their 'Nited shirts watching the telly from Bangkok to China and back again via most of the South of England.

Just look at the BBC football site this morning - there were 5 links to pro -United stories that could have been (probably were) written by the United PR Department. At most there was one or occasionally about other major clubs and the headlines were negative as often as positive.

Fans of all other clubs may as well just grin and bear, it's not going to change any time soon.
Well said, mate.

Never liked him from the moment he was unleashed on us by ITV in the 80s. "I support Woking..." Yeah, of course you do you rooney screaming, panda eyed, rag faced ****.

Didsbury Dave said:
I watched the game and listened to the commentary and they were both just doing their jobs, commentating on the game in a reasonable manner.

It's embarrassing, isn't it? There are some really sensitive souls out there who need thicker skin in order to lower their blood pressure. The vitriol directed against an experienced, seasoned commentator like Martin Tyler doesn't say as much about him as it does about those who come out with it.

Is there a pundit out there who is popular on BM? It seems to be that the BM masses don't like Tyldesley, Tyler, Parry, Champion, Burley, Neville, Carragher, Souness, Redknapp, Keane, Dixon (apparently no longer a blue), etc. There is no conspiracy or agenda against us.

Here's an idea, I just want to throw it out there - let's have an option on the 'Red Button' where you can hear a six-year-old talk about how Aguero is his favourite player and how much he loves going to watch City because his Dad considers him old enough to be taken.

John Wayne said:
It's embarrassing, isn't it? There are some really sensitive souls out there who need thicker skin in order to lower their blood pressure. The vitriol directed against an experienced, seasoned commentator like Martin Tyler doesn't say as much about him as it does about those who come out with it.

Is there a pundit out there who is popular on BM? It seems to be that the BM masses don't like Tyldesley, Tyler, Parry, Champion, Burley, Neville, Carragher, Souness, Redknapp, Keane, Dixon (apparently no longer a blue), etc. There is no conspiracy or agenda against us.

Here's an idea, I just want to throw it out there - let's have an option on the 'Red Button' where you can hear a six-year-old talk about how Aguero is his favourite player and how much he loves going to watch City because his Dad considers him old enough to be taken.

Totally agree. Maybe because I am married, I can tune in and out of what is being said to just filter out the facts I need, so find the pundits pretty much irrelevant.

The ONLY one who I really can't stand is Tyldesley. He reminds me of the guy in Airplane! or Airplane2! who cracks jokes (snide, sarcastic comments) in the background of scenes in the control tower. Nobody is listening to him and he never engages in proper discussion with anyone. Tyldesley does this with his fellow pundits so the commentary ends up very disjointed. Plus he always has a pointless fact about Ryan Giggs to hand.

John Wayne said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Here's a better idea imho: why don't Sky give us back the option to turn off the commentary, like we used to have?

Neville has been refreshingly insightful, Souness has sometimes been good value for his blunt honesty. The rest add absolutely nothing to my match watching experience.

Tyler in particular I have disliked from day one as per my earlier post.

John Wayne said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Ah - the "I'm above it all and so mature" appraoch - even though it is abundantly clear Tyler carries a good degree of bias in his commetaries.
Of course if the majority thought Tyler was fair - DD would argue he isn't - that's just the cuddly way he is.
Are you Chemical Ali?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.