Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

GaudinoMotors said:
John Wayne said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I watched the game and listened to the commentary and they were both just doing their jobs, commentating on the game in a reasonable manner.

Honest to god, some of your lives would be better if you let go the paranoia.

It's embarrassing, isn't it? There are some really sensitive souls out there who need thicker skin in order to lower their blood pressure. The vitriol directed against an experienced, seasoned commentator like Martin Tyler doesn't say as much about him as it does about those who come out with it.

Is there a pundit out there who is popular on BM? It seems to be that the BM masses don't like Tyldesley, Tyler, Parry, Champion, Burley, Neville, Carragher, Souness, Redknapp, Keane, Dixon (apparently no longer a blue), etc. There is no conspiracy or agenda against us.

Here's an idea, I just want to throw it out there - let's have an option on the 'Red Button' where you can hear a six-year-old talk about how Aguero is his favourite player and how much he loves going to watch City because his Dad considers him old enough to be taken.

Ah - the "I'm above it all and so mature" appraoch - even though it is abundantly clear Tyler carries a good degree of bias in his commetaries.
Of course if the majority thought Tyler was fair - DD would argue he isn't - that's just the cuddly way he is.
Are you Chemical Ali?

I honestly don't see this bias. Tyler's just a commentator and Quinn a pundit. They tell it as they see it - although it might not always be right. They both went ballistic when we won the league.

Most of our games are against inferior opposition so it's naturally much more of a story, and hence exciting, if Swansea or Cardiff score against us rather than the other way round. IT doesn't mean to say they have an anti-City bias, because they patently and obviously don't.

Rest assured if we are playing Real Madrid n the semi final of the Champions League and we score Tyler would be creaming with excitement.

Fans of all football clubs think everyone is biased against them because they only see the world through the prism of their own support, and it distorts everything. In the main it is the fan who is the biased one and they can't quite comprehend people who aren't biased.

1961_vintage said:
For reasons that are beyond my understanding Sky seem to see City as a threat and this is reflected in their attitude towards us.

well we offer only half the number of seats for their executives (compared to other top 6 teams) - so I have been told [citation needed]

ahh tyler

just time the first mention of the rags in a game they are not involved in and then count the number of times he mentions them in the game the biased rag twat just can't help himself

can't stand listening to the rag unless he's just been stabbed through the heart by Sergio lol

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cavendishblue said:
I think there is a definite bias towards United rather than an agenda against their rivals. We need to accept that all the commercial media are going to fawn over United because there is no doubt that they have by far the greatest number of plastic fans worldwide, sitting in their 'Nited shirts watching the telly from Bangkok to China and back again via most of the South of England.

Just look at the BBC football site this morning - there were 5 links to pro -United stories that could have been (probably were) written by the United PR Department. At most there was one or occasionally about other major clubs and the headlines were negative as often as positive.

Fans of all other clubs may as well just grin and bear, it's not going to change any time soon.
Well said, mate.
That's exactly what it is, the fact it pisses a few city fans off is to be expected, but as has been said, it won't be changing anytime soon.
Not sure why anybody feels the need to be embarrassed on behalf of those who think there's a bias - unless its just to prove how rational and mature they are compared to the rest of us.
I turned the sound off after 25 minutes on Tuesday because Quinn was genuinely spoiling the commentary with his bullshit, talking them up as though we had been constantly under the cosh and lucky to be drawing level. It was as though he was watching a different game. Not sure if he improved in the second half as I'd muted by then but certainly for the first quarter of the game Quinn was giving off a poor representation of what was happening on the pitch.

1961_vintage said:
For reasons that are beyond my understanding Sky seem to see City as a threat and this is reflected in their attitude towards us.
Sky realise we are not wholly dependent upon their money and consequently they take every opportunity they can to have a swipe at us.

I think tunnelcam really pissed them off.

We are the least dependent team on their money..... and they know it!

BigJoe#1 said:
1961_vintage said:
Sky realise we are not wholly dependent upon their money and consequently they take every opportunity they can to have a swipe at us.

Now that's some twisted logic.

Jesus.

BigJoe#1 said:
1961_vintage said:

spot on.

I quite like Tyler, he's very excitable but as I don't watch United I never hear him get excited about their goals, only ours (or whoever we're playing).

He loved Yaya's goal on Tuesday and his QPR commentary will stay with me forever.

I had the "pleasure" of watching the game on Tuesday with my brother-in-law who's been a rag for about 60 years and was over from Oz visiting so has little knowledge of Sky coverage.
Without any prompting from me he said "Who the fuck are these two idiots, don't they like City"

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
waspish said:
Didnt have the sound on

Me neither. Tyler and Quinn. Thank God for the mute button! What happened to the choice where you could fuck off the commentary and just have the crowd noise?
If you mute the Broadcast does that mean you watch the game in silence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.