Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Tbf, I think all commentators look for that defining soundbite that leaves a legacy, I'm just glad Tylers is AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bet he's fuckin gutted it'll never be a rag or dipper one.
Surely they just come naturally if the commentator just does his job. Nobody could plan for "They think it's all over", "It's up for grabs now" or "Agueroooo".

It's when Tyler gets an idea in his head to say as many words starting with the same letter in a row or starts to tell us the nationality of every player for a passage of play or begins giving us ridiculous stats like "Dominic Calvert Lewin has never scored a goal against a team beginning with 'S' in the month of September."

He's starting to make me feel ill already and it's only been one game.

Surely they just come naturally if the commentator just does his job. Nobody could plan for "They think it's all over", "It's up for grabs now" or "Agueroooo".

It's when Tyler gets an idea in his head to say as many words starting with the same letter in a row or starts to tell us the nationality of every player for a passage of play or begins giving us ridiculous stats like "Dominic Calvert Lewin has never scored a goal against a team beginning with 'S' in the month of September."

He's starting to make me feel ill already and it's only been one game.

I remain to be convinced by that mate, even people who have been the most 'anti-swear' people I've ever known have let out the odd "jeepers" , "cripes" and "crikey" (me seeing Jim Melrose's goal v Notts County stood next to my elderly neighbours being a good example), and yet in commentary you rarely hear any kind of expletive, I've no doubt some of their time is spent writing little passages that can be used 'ad-hoc' should the situation arise, as you say yourself, it's their job.

Just to be clear in case there's any misunderstanding, I'm not defending Tyler, I think he's a wanker and can see right through him, MTIAC !

Remember watching the dippers v City CL game in Asia 2 years ago and Tyler was commentating for overseas network and referred to the dippers bus welcoming committee as just "boisterous fans"

Casually mentioned that he thought all footballers should do national service earlier, the massive weirdo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.