Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Probably the worst commentating pairing on any TV coverage.
You have Tyler, armed with dozens of pre-prepared epigrams, stats and "Witticisms", and determined to get them all in at the expense of any meaningful match commentary.
Then Carragher, with an IQ hovering around the 90 mark, making a noise akin to a Klingon talking and gargling at the same time.
Kahless 'e'ylHarqo

That could not have sounded any less like Tyler, which is not surprising as he never said it, Niall Quinn did..

Clearly Tyler. Have you had a hearing test recently?
385d7b36b31fb5383aaabbe8d3974c5c.jpg

last night he was even more annoying than normal......for me art of commentary is filling in the gaps, at the moment he just filling any free air time with "verbal diarrhoea". his co-commentary partner doesn't help either
You & me both.
I remember when you could listen to a commentator and understand who had the ball, whereabouts they were on the pitch and what they were doing with it.
Little asides were mentioned when the ball was out of play etc. and the game could be followed and enjoyed by a blind person.
Nowadays it’s at the level of biased ex-pros talking absolute guff to try to build their brand.

For a little impartiality Sky will have Ratboy co-commentating alongside Wio , in the studio , Scholes and Keane , with ex-blue Schmeichel will be on zoom/video , if the Rags win there will be a 60 minutes documentary after the match about the Rags Thursday cup & FA Cup campaign , if they lose there will be 20 minutes of adverts interspersed with a interview with the paperboy insisting that the 4th City goal was a travesty with VAR ignoring the hairs on Manrez's armpit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.