Peter Green RIP

I am genuinely gutted. I saw Peter many times and was entranced by his playing. For me, he was the best. Who could match his slow blues playing? He eschewed the fashion in the late 60s and early 70s for filling every beat with notes, but what he left out made him exceptional. In musical circles he was known as 'Mr Less is More'.
Sadly he lost his mind in the seventies and went into obscurity for many years. He was finally persuaded by his brother to take up playing again and, although the brilliance had gone, he was still feted by his fellow musicians.
A great writer who produced some gems. 'Black Magic Woman' is perhaps the best known, but there were other wonderful songs, such as 'Long Grey Mare' and 'Man of the World'.
For those who are too young to have seen him in his heyday, check out the early Fleetwood Mac albums, particularly the 'Dustbin Album' ('Fleetwood Mac').
He gave me and millions years of pleasure.
RIP Peter, you were great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.