Peter Kay

Beanie The Wonder Horse said:
Do you remember when Starbursts were called Opal Fruits.

Opal. Fruits. OPAL. FRUITS. What's all that about!

<run around the stage for a bit>

Do you remember when Snickers were called Marathons.

Marathons. Who wants to run after they've eaten chocolate oh aye, not for me I say, not for me.

<run around the stage pretending to eat chocolate>

Goodnight ladies and gentleman.

Phoenix Nights was phenomenally good, everything else he's done has been phenomenally shite.

The Bolton accent shone through beautifully. Agree with the post aswell.

johnny crossan said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Mr Partridge said:
Doesn't seem cool to like him anymore, especially not on here, but I've always been a fan myself and I was in stitches at times watching that, his observational comedy is second to none.

Shame they never did any more Phoenix Nights, although apparently he fell out with Dave Spikey didn't he? Something about him taking all the credit for Phoenix Nights in his book or something. Just thought I'd bring that up as it seems to get mentioned on every single Peter Kay thread I've ever seen on bluemoon...
I think it's sour grapes from Dave Spikey.

Always had a good giggle at Kay but he sometimes repeats stuff he's done before.
trouble with Johnny Vegas too
Is JV actually a comedian though.

Banned Tosspot said:
johnny crossan said:
Banned Tosspot said:
I think it's sour grapes from Dave Spikey.

Always had a good giggle at Kay but he sometimes repeats stuff he's done before.
trouble with Johnny Vegas too
Is JV actually a comedian though.
JV and I share an eighteenth century antecedent in Melling, I am honour bound to support him in all disputes

Seems fashionable to slag Kay off now as he has not really evolved, but he was brilliant when he first came out and 'That Peter kay thing' and 'Phoenix Nights' were both classics in my eyes. Two slight negatives though if I may.

1) Wish he'd get back to doing a sitcom like Phoenix again- I wrote to him with an idea I had a few years back about an aging northern crown green bowling team that I think could be brilliant.....never got a reply!

2) By all accounts he's a bit of a twat in real life.

Haven't laughed at a stand like that one on Channel tonight in a long long time.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Seems fashionable to slag Kay off now as he has not really evolved, but he was brilliant when he first came out and 'That Peter kay thing' and 'Phoenix Nights' were both classics in my eyes. Two slight negatives though if I may.

1) Wish he'd get back to doing a sitcom like Phoenix again- I wrote to him with an idea I had a few years back about an aging northern crown green bowling team that I think could be brilliant.....never got a reply!

Arrr yes the "by all accounts" or "I have been told" bollocks...

My son is best mates with his sisters 2 boys. Peter Kay is a decent guy and Phoenix nights was an amazingly funny series. I agree that I think his standup needs to move on etc but don't just slag someone off because" you have heard...deary me...but regarding twats...I heard it takes one to know one!

that woman randomly laughing as he was talking about starving ethiopians/ live aid/ cars tune
oops!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Arrr yes the "by all accounts" or "I have been told" bollocks...

My son is best mates with his sisters 2 boys. Peter Kay is a decent guy and Phoenix nights was an amazingly funny series. I agree that I think his standup needs to move on etc but don't just slag someone off because" you have heard...deary me...but regarding twats...I heard it takes one to know one!

To be honest mate you're probably right. Im basing it on the phoenix night cast writers saying he wanted more money etc and felt they never got the credit he did. That lad who played spencer -Daniel Kitson said he was and a mate drunkenly asked him for a pic in a restaurant so hardly the best sources. Personally I hope you're right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.