Peter Swales

Deep down I think he meant well but the truth is he was clueless, & like any tin pot dictator he didnt know when to step down.
on a side note does anyone else remember the scheme were you paid city (details are a bit vauge?) around £200 for a season ticket then you went into some sort of lottery after about 5-6 years where you name was drawn out & you got your £200 back?,
I seem to remember having around 6 years free season ticket, I guess they were that desperate for the money in the first place, I will try & find my certificate (in the attic somewhere)

Exactly. Others have given the odd good word for him and I'm sure he had some good qualities but as chairman of MCFC he was a disaster and utterly useless running the club like a chip shop. People can give their anecdotal stories but the big picture was that him and his cronies on the board almost destroyed the club.
The chip shop on the corner probably made more money than City.

He was blue to his core. Got it wrong in the end but blue.
NO he wasn’t. He was never a City fan, never even close to being a City fan. Not for one moment.

If anything he held a soft spot for Altrincham FC but what he really was, was a Swales fan. City was just his vehicle of choice to ingratiate hisself with the FA and get and then keep a seat on the FA board.

If he had been a city fan he would have given up the reins years before he did as a blind dog could see his tenure was ruining the club a little bit more each day.

He was a ****, a lying duplicitous ****. We very nearly saw the actual death of our club because of him.

May he rot in hell.

NO he wasn’t. He was never a City fan, never even close to being a City fan. Not for one moment.

If anything he held a soft spot for Altrincham FC but what he really was, was a Swales fan. City was just his vehicle of choice to ingratiate hisself with the FA and get and then keep a seat on the FA board.

If he had been a city fan he would have given up the reins years before he did as a blind dog could see his tenure was ruining the club a little bit more each day.

He was a ****, a lying duplicitous ****. We very nearly saw the actual death of our club because of him.

May he rot in hell.
This

May he rot in hell.
Irrespective of your view that I respect and I don't know enough of what happened behind the scenes to have definitive view; a I think your final comment is too much. I think the moderator should close the thread. It's in the past now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.