Peter Swales

Vienna_70 said:
Ell-ano said:
Vienna_70 said:
Just read his Wikipedia entry:

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Swales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Swales</a>

It doesn't make him sound like much of a hero to me.

And that's probably because he wasn't!
if you go on <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._ownership_and_finances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester ... d_finances</a> it says: ''Swales was offered a role as life president at the club'' and '' It was a sad departure for a chairman who loyally invested large sums of money into Manchester City'' this sounds to me like a well liked chairman rather than a hated man

This is the first I've ever heard of him investing large sums of money into Manchester City.

And he certainly wasn't well liked; in fact, he was despised by the vast majority of City fans.
yeah from the sounds of it he was quite the unpleasant man i've heard stories from my dad that he never actually put a penny in? he said it was all loaned

If Uncle Malcolm sticks around for 30 years, we can only hope he does to United what Swales did to City.

If there's anything City could show in a museum from before about 1990, it's because it was rescued from Swales' skip. Dreadful managerial appointments, bonkers player signings, if it could be done wrong, he did. The saddest thing about is that he meant well.

Alex the Blue said:
Peter Swales was chairman for a long time and wasn't always hated. IMO he hung around too long and should have stepped down years before he was pushed.
Yeah i would say up to the early 80s he wasnt hated.He started becoming unpopular when he sold trevor francis

baildon blue said:
Alex the Blue said:
Peter Swales was chairman for a long time and wasn't always hated. IMO he hung around too long and should have stepped down years before he was pushed.
Yeah i would say up to the early 80s he wasnt hated.He started becoming unpopular when he sold trevor francis

He became deeply unpopular once he bought the club on the cheap. When he arrived, he had a used tv shop. When he left he was rich. He made millions out of running City into the dirt.

Utter shithouse.

Neville Kneville said:
baildon blue said:
Alex the Blue said:

He became deeply unpopular once he bought the club on the cheap. When he arrived, he had a used tv shop. When he left he was rich. He made millions out of running City into the dirt.

Utter shithouse.
I didnt like him but some of the fans were bang out of order putting dog s*** through is letter box

Swales was a fan who tried to run the club like a fan, rather than a business.
I would liken him to someone who goes to the races, loses the first race then tries to get his money back by taking a bigger gamble on the next race, which he loses, then repeats the same thing until it spirals out of control.

Alex the Blue said:

I will 2nd that Alex The Blue, However he did bleed BLUE BLOOD! O the days of Swales Out! It's all in the HISTORY books just like us becoming CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND in 2012 under the Shiek! (Take a Bow Sir)

Carver said:
Swales was a fan who tried to run the club like a fan, rather than a business.
I would liken him to someone who goes to the races, loses the first race then tries to get his money back by taking a bigger gamble on the next race, which he loses, then repeats the same thing until it spirals out of control.
He was losing is control of city when he let malcolm allinson come back for a 2nd time that was is biggest gamble and he lost big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.